[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: Public Comment: Preliminary Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Wed Sep 2 05:22:52 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Fwd: Public Comment: Preliminary Issue Report on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Alberto,

 one of the points that have been consistently featured in this issue is the shortage of proposals for new gTLDs from developing countries.

 The discourse about it is usually exhausted in sealamientos about the high cost and long waiting of the application process.

 An alternative theory suggests that few investors interested estn developing countries in this highly speculative market and that business models based on forms of extortion as preventive domain name registrations abound. Many investors that just do not seem interesting and is one of the reasons why there are few requests, having other business to do in our regions.

 LACRALO should propose a careful study field that has a good experimental design.Ste is gifted deberinvestigar between funds and investors accustomed to high risks and long maturation of investments by QUNO have invested in this market, ascomo a few companies that s they have done. Some of the proposals from developing countries that were accepted were are developing well.

 I leave aside for the moment the community-based applications, which are scarce in the whole program of new gTLDs.

 Left above as a formal mocin from us.

 his is a good topic to extend the proposed development of policies based on facts that estexplorando the GNSO.

 Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 3000 University Avenue,. 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS FROM MEXICO +525541444475 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org