[lac-discuss-en] Comments on Second Proposal CCWG Accountability

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Wed Sep 2 04:45:13 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Comments on Second Proposal CCWG Accountability
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Commentary published in the wiki:
 https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+Page+on+At-Large+Briefin
 g + + on + 2nd + CCWG-Draft Proposal Accountability +

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto

 At the meeting on Tuesday 01/09/2015 At Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA
 Transition & ICANN Accountability, among other issues tratel Community
 Mechanism as a Sole Designator (MRDC). The mail below, although it was sent
 Accountability to CCWG by Alan attulo staff, reflects the position of
 several in this group.

 &quot;To: CCWG Accountability <accountability-cross-community at icann.org>

 From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>

 Subject: Perhaps a variation ...

 The At-Large group advising on Accountability and IANA matters met today (as
 we Have Been twice weekly for the last while). It is becoming increasingly
 That the CMSM model clearer still have a lot of rough edges That need to be
 finalized prior to putting forward our proposal as the accountability part
 of the IANA transition, and my recollection Is That We were in Buenos Aires
 Told in no uncertain terms That the proposal needed to be complete and fully
 implementable prior to Being accepted by the NTIA and IF NECESSARY,
 Congress. That I fear the current plan That will not meet target.

 So, Although I am hesitant to Suggest we switch gears At this time, I am not
 We have we sure real alternative if we want to effect the transition.

 The At-Large group was very supportive of Considering a variation of what we
 now have, Specifically, a Community Mechanism as a Sole Designator (MRDC).

 Following the Buenos Aires meeting, and prior to the CMSM model Being
 Introduced, many in the CCWG Were willing to Consider the Empowered
 Designator model, and this is to use the simplified variant That CMSX
 With the structure but lighter-weight designator Which mechanism will be
 Significantly Easier to set-up. Also it addresses some of the Concerns With
 Membership moving to a model for ICANN.

 I am sending this on my own, but With the knowledge That the concept had a
 lot of support in my community.

 Alan &quot;

 ---
 Avast antivirus software has analyzed this e-mail for viruses.

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/12b7d82f1c.html