[lac-discuss-en] On civil society and end user

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri Oct 9 17:44:42 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: On civil society and end user
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Dear, I just incorporate this information in the wiki.
 https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/SOCIEDAD+CIVIL+-+CIVIL+SOCIETY

 Although we do not agrupemos, some people do in ICANN. Perhaps
 deberamos discuss where we stand now, if you really user
 this does not end well represented. And as the transition estarluego
 IANA.

 I remember something that citvarias times in various meetings, and LACRALO
 meettings many in ALAC and ICANN. When the CEO of ICANN was
 the conformation of the ICG report, Sebastien word and Bacholet pidila
 said end users were not represented. The CEO will contesttbNL> ermos all end users. And I say no, that is not the asdesde
 viewpoint of safeguarding the interests of the end user.

 The president, a legislature, a minister, a service provider
 Internet, the president of a chamber to which they belong, and we can continue
 They naming, they are end users. But when making decisions that affect
 end users in decision MSWI qudireccin? By interests
 its industry or to the interests of the end user?

 As quedarel end user after the IANA transition? Deberamos see
 Model community as sole member explicLen us a
 monthly meeting. Efforts were being made in the Working Group Intercommunity
 (CCWG) on Liability. If someone wants to remember, that link
 Short of submission:  https://goo.gl/XWcpNc

 I ask you please to overturn their views on the wiki for all
 we can follow up.

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto

 Here is a summary:

 Recommendation 5 ATLAS II

 ICANN should consider how best to ensure that users
 finals will be held in the center of the process of accountability in
 all aspects relating to the transition of administration of the
 IANA function.

 Recipients

 ICANN Board; ICANN Staff; ICANN Community

 Assigned to:

 ICANN IANA Transition & Accountability

 Summary so far

 Could feed into ICANN accountability process and the work of At-Large IANA
 WG issues.

 09 Sep 2015:

 It is a Very Important recommendation. Are we pushing enough to Strengthen
 the position of the end users (this Concerns the question of civil society
 and the role of ALAC / At-Large)? It Seems That We Have not pushed
 CCWG-Accountability to fully address questions and Those Consider the
 position of end users.

 16 Sep 2015:

 The ALAC / At-Large Have Been Advocating for end users to balance the power of
 other interested parties, and will continue to do so.

 We are not in the position to say That the end user rights are more
 Important than other rights.

 Should the ALAC advocate That the end users' trump other Concerns Concerns?
 Yes, in some cases, users Should Take dominance; but not all the time.

 The needs of users May not be so much different from the needs of other
 parties. For example, IANA stewardship Regarding transition, there is almost
 100% overlap Between the interests of registries and the interests of users
 in terms of the operational aspect of IANA functions.

 Shall Assignees Evaluate the implementation of pending recommendation esta
 the outcome (ie end report) of the CCWG-Accountability.

 22 Sep 2015:

 We can not say That the recommendation has Already Been Implemented.

 End users are at the heart of the accountability process, but Have Limited
 knowledge and influence in the process.

 Some parts of the discussions at some Working Group:

 I think with this we will have many comments. The model precisely
 It requires balancing the concerns or interests. there is no doubt that
 users are more dominant than others. Between users estn
 many parts of the community and, to be frank, many of these issues
 I do not think that the views of end-users are distinct from the
 visions of the other parties.

 This whole issue of IANA, the standards we are looking for, there seems to be
 the same overlay of interests with the interests records
 users. Both want the root area and we want to work
 make the necessary changes to it. There are not necessarily many
 differences between them in operational terms.

 We are in a position the same as we are with the GNSO? All of these
 things have to be balanced. Hear someone say before the
 esttotalmente not balanced together sometimes. The model of the community,
 CCWG have the opportunity to achieve this balance?

 We are not in position to assert our rights more than others.He
 ARE the center of public interest interest of ICANN. I think this is
 a work in progress.

 Leesto When I first gave me the impresino it may be that the
 with this group has the impression of being an indication of a job does not
 ICANN completely. We are always thinking about the user's interests and
 acestamos pidindole the board that a balance is achieved between the
 existing interests. I think that's something we're already doing that and
 It has been done.

 ---
 Avast antivirus software has analyzed this e-mail for viruses.

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/dbfb564d10.html