[lac-discuss-en] ????? Q = utf-8 OPINION B3n_sobre_componentes_de_la __ = C3 = =

Ron Baione ron.baione at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 02:18:15 UTC 2015

Within the ICANN ecosystem, the assumed authority as I understand it, is well distributed throughout the entirety of the system, groups form rough consensus, may propose new rules and ideas, and rules are implemented based on the general agreement of participants, and then moved on to the next level for a vote.  At any given time of measurement, some ICANN members chose not to participate at all with the assumed authority of the overall ICANN structure, and for those that do participate, 65% are obedient to the overall process at any given time of such measurement, and 35% disagree with the overall process.

What makes ICANN work well as an organization, as I understand it, is the ability of all members to propose ideas, definitions and initiatives for comsideration, and the various checks and balances such as the Ombudsman, Budgeting proposals and other internal and external regulatory protocols should cause the overall process to become more efficient with time, as long as, in my opinion, the assumed authority of the system is shared in various degrees throughout the ICANN system, and never consolidates into the hands of an "oligarchy", historically by definition only interested in the "continuance of its assumed authority" and not, traditionally, in any progress of the overall system to solve problems, therefore no longer performing a civil function for civil society.

Ronald Baione-Doda
NY