[lac-discuss-en] Loss of Colleague - Roosevelt King - ALS: BANGO in Barbados

Jason Hynds jason.hynds at partsinc.biz
Tue Nov 10 15:09:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm sad to report that I just noticed that our colleague Roosevelt King,
Secretary General of the Barbados Association of Non-Governmental
Organisations (BANGO) and active in LACRALO has passed away. I double
checked the veracity of the article.

  * *Title:* BANGO head passes away
  * *URL:*
    http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/74347/bango-head-passes-away

My condolences.

Since I met Roosevelt in person about 2 years ago he has been such a
valuable source of information and support for me. In recent times, I
called him perhaps monthly to clear up my understanding of some LACRALO
discussions and also to discuss local Internet Governance (IG) ideas.

He was regularly busy and sometimes in meetings but he usually made some
time for me. I especially appreciated that he always seemed like he was
showcasing his genuine self and he was very much into acting out of love
for his fellow man, representing the people, the powerless and trying to
keep treasured traditions alive. I also think that even after heated
differences of opinion, he loved the fellow humans and could instantly
switch to a friendly mode.

His loss does leave me in a lonelier place. His contribution and
encouragement with respect to us having remote hubs of some IG events
and moving to form an Internet Society Barbados Chapter have been most
significant. I will miss his counsel and we are poorer for the loss.

  * BANGO-Barbados Association of Non Governmental Organisations
    https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/BANGO-Barbados+Association+of+Non+Governmental+Organisations
  * Roosevelt Oswald King - ICANNWiki
    http://icannwiki.com/Roosevelt_Oswald_King

<http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/74347/bango-head-passes-away>Regards,