[lac-discuss-en] = utf-8 q B3n_con_CEO_ICAN Temas_ultima_reuni = C3 = = = utf-8 q N =????????

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sun May 31 04:59:09 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: = utf-8 q B3n_con_CEO_ICAN Temas_ultima_reuni = C3 = = = utf-8 q N =????????
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Alberto,

 comments / responses / questions to help move toward answers
 viable:

 1. What use Excel is seeking his replacement? Us specify this
 to know what kind of alternative is required. Need more analytical,
 or database management? Need more easily online collaboration?
 ¿More complex data structures? ¿Scalability to large volumes
 data? ¿Processing speed? ¿Modeling capability? (In all these
 OpenOffice cases will not be advantageous).

 2. The use of the proceeds of the auction: here too
 It requires realism and order. At present they have already accumulated many
 tens of millions of dollars.The criteria for exercise are
 discussion for years (even from the first rounds of new
 gTLDs in 2000, 2003, 2007, although the origin of resources was different).
 Transparency, service to the needy community service
 technological innovation, strengthening the infrastructure of the DNS
 (Including resilience, robustness, security) and avoid "mission creep"
 and print (or reality) that some communities seeking use
 these resources for their own purposes, there is a list of the main
 criteria. What should propose LACRALO, how they should be weighted?

 3. universities. Let us return to the discussion on the matter from which he
 Instead ICANN program for the region. Much there (I do not see the issue
 on your list but it has been under discussion). The program
 They include visits and activities in colleges and universities.The
 Universities are essential for the advancement of LACRALO and ICANN but it
 are not and should not remain numerically the most important, the
 industry and civil society, not to mention the government, should
 represent a growing population.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 05/30/2015 17:26 GMT-05: 00 Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org> :

> Estimados, he recordado estos temas en nuestra última reunión mensual.
>
> Respecto del punto 2.   Es necesario que comentemos si identificamos
> aquello que estuvo bien con la primera ronda de nuevos gTLD, lo que no ha
> funcionado bien y que se puede mejorar para la próxima vez.
>

> Dada la fecha de la próxima reunión, les pido por favor  que los
> comentarios lleguen antes del 10 de junio próximo.
>
> Muchas gracias y saludos
>

> Alberto Soto

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 3000 University Avenue,. 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS FROM MEXICO +525541444475 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty