[lac-discuss-en] ????? Q = utf-8 concurso_de_Trivia = C3 = A1s_de 2C_uno_m = _ = = utf-8 passenger q =?

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri May 15 19:05:06 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:????? Q = utf-8 concurso_de_Trivia = C3 = A1s_de 2C_uno_m = _ = = utf-8 passenger q =?
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Fatima and thanks everyone for their comments, has been an active morning and learn it.

 In this particular case the only thing we wanted to do is engage the community in a fun way and to increase in a square for the ICANN meeting in Bs. As.

 Some clarifications:

 1. This trivia contest is framed within the Regional Strategy is not an initiative that have made ICANN alone, otherwise there is competition for jobs in a working group with members of LACRALO.

 2.Rodrigo Saucedo repeatedly - ICANN Project Manager participated in the monthly LACRALO calls, in order to explain the regional strategy and the projects we were working with our community (including this project) and provided to our members openly invited community to join the working groups. That is, if we consult our Community. I have also reinforced this mail to the list, as I do on many occasions.

 3. From the beginning Rodrigo Saucedo explained that the budget for this project was US $ 2,000.

 4. After the working group decided to contest Trivia, Rodrigo Saucedo seek options on how to make and where to make the competition due to the short budget that we had, it was decided to make an application on Facebook since only going to cost $ 500 including design and development, the remaining U $ 1,500 were going to cover the award.In addition, it thought it would be just the ticket, but I made inquiries at hotels near the Sheraton and that also made it possible to pay the hotel every day.

 Obviously not enough to develop an application for several platforms, then the decision to go ahead with a contest on Facebook was taken.

 5. In reference to the website that Dev found  https://icann.herokuapp.com/

 The intention was to achieve a square, plus an additional five (5) achieved via CROPP, as many asked when he was appointed as Buenos Aires square to ICANN53.

 I think when you work and participates mistakes.

 Welcome observations in a reasoned and without insults, the rest will always be discarded; I hope that when we ask for any other business collaboration, this comes before the song is implemented.

 We had a lot of work and little time, and had to make decisions.

 Personally I never complain about the work. Now just I ask four (4) minutes of the time of those who volunteer to participate.

 One suggestion was received on early reading conditions; add files in English and Spanish. The rest of the suggestions will be taken into account for the next.

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto