[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: Global Consumer Survey Update

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:24:29 UTC 2015

FYI.  Limited regional coverage but nonetheless, instructive.

Carlton

==============================
Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
=============================

Dear all,

I’m writing to let you know that on Friday we posted the results of the
first phase of the global consumer survey, conducted by Nielsen. The
release comes in multiple parts:

·         An announcement:
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-29-en

·         The final report, with attached full questionnaire:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/cct/global-consumer-survey-29may15-en.pdf

·         Data tables

o   By region:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/cct/data-tables-region-29may15-en.pdf

o   By country:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/cct/data-tables-country-29may15-en.pdf

·         Guide to using the data tables:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/cct/data-tables-guide-29may15-en.pdf

·         FAQ:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/cct/consumer-survey-faqs-29may15-en

This is the culmination of many months of work, which began with your
recommendation to conduct this survey. As such, we thought you’d be
interested in reading the results. We are still working with Nielsen to
complete the global survey of domain name registrants and will share that
data when it is complete. A representative from Nielsen will present their
findings at a session on new GLTD program reviews at the ICANN 53 meeting
in Buenos Aires. That session is currently scheduled for Monday at 3:30
p.m. Your chair, Jonathan Zuck, will also serve on the panel to provide an
overview of this group’s work in recommending metrics. I will provide an
update on the metrics collected to date, and a representative from Analysis
Group, the vendor selected to conduct the economic study, will present an
overview of its analysis so far.

I hope to see some of you in Buenos Aires.

Thank you,

Eleeza

Eleeza Agopian

Lead Researcher