[lac-discuss-en] CALL FOR MEMBERSHIP: At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 01:54:42 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: CALL FOR MEMBERSHIP: At-Large ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Colleagues,

 shipping here just received a notice about the Working powe
 Criteria and expectations for ALS (structures "At-Large"); this
 call, if I understand correctly, it requires three people in the region
 Latin America and the Caribbean are selected to work intensively
 on the criteria and expectations of ALS. One will be selected by
 ALAC members in the region and two will be selected by the leaders
 of the region according to the practice of the RALO (LACRALO in our case).

 I hope that our representatives in ALAC and the Chair and Secretariat
 made public when before the procedure for this selection, since the
 working group will start its activities in the week of August 3,
 clearly imminent.

 I also think that the consensus reached recently on this
 issue, at the end of the meeting in Buenos Aires, is part of the mandate of
 those who have been designated. I bring herein in summary:
 Interested organizations are active and represent the interests and
 more expensive to general Internet users on the issues early
 ICANN; that work internally for these views; so what
 actively contribute to policy processes and decisions of ICANN,
 preferably substantive priorities and those of menorers
 procedures, internal elections and allocation of resources and positions
 travel.

 It should be added that we should expect selection in our region
 preferred representatives with similar characteristics, participation
 Regular, frequent and substantive criticism of our own organization,
 and demonstrated ability of civil and constructive dialogue.

 Best regards

 Alejandro Pisanty