[lac-discuss-en] Updated information

brainstreetceo at gmail.com brainstreetceo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:13:54 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Updated information
 From: brainstreetceo at gmail.com

 Expression of Interest - Lance Hinds
 This is a follow up to short EOI I sent to LACRALO list when
 I was nominated as the representative of LACRALO to ALAC.
 I am the President of DEVNET in Georgetown, Guyana. DevNet is a
 founding member and member of LACRALO and one of the authors of their
 rules of procedure completed in Puerto Rico in 2007.
 DEVNET is a non-governmental organization which specializes ICT
 ICT penetration in rural, remote and poor areas. from
 training in 1999, she has developed a series of initiatives
 to facilitate capacity building of communities to facilitate
 access to disadvantaged members of our society access.
 We continue to manage funding for community programs IT
 for remote education and access to relevant educational content.
 I was a member of the Chief Ministerial committee on the management of domain
 .gy domain of Guyana which articulate on behalf of civil society,
 policies on the management, use and protection of non-commercial domains.
 I am a member of the civil society "CARICOM ICT Steering Committee
 (CISC), "whose main function is to develop policies and plans
 development for the implementation of regional initiatives to help
 regional governments and stakeholders related to use
 information effectively to improve the general welfare and create
 capabilities its citizens.

 As President of DevNet, I was one of the authors of the ICT component
 National Society of Development of Guyana. I am part of a group of
 multiple stakeholders to update the development section
 National and implementation.

 I have written and continue to write extensively about issues
 with ICT and national development. See examples below:

 http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2015/06/14/ict-the-shape-of-things-that-must-come/
 http://gcci.gy/intl-property-law-needs-to-be-upgraded-vp-of-gcci-kaieteur-news-article/
 http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2015/07/19/ict-and-law-enforcement/
 http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2015/07/12/taxpayer-assault-and-battery/
 http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2015/07/05/the-case-for-a-knowledge-economy/
 http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2015/06/28/ict-telecoms-liberalisationnow/
 http://www.stabroeknews.com/2015/business/05/22/hinds-urges-costbenefit-analysis-of-e-governance-cable/

 In addition to the work done as a member of LACRALO he was rapporteur and one of
 the co-authors of the declaration of ATLAS II:
 https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Declaration

 My specific collaborations were in cluster II - The
 ICANN globalization  https://community.icann.org/x/wYPhAg.
 I work until 5 in the morning to produce the document for sending.
 Many of the members who were present were already asleep much
 before. As a founding member of LACRALO continued encouraging my colleagues
 to form new ALSes to enhance our involvement.

 My interest in server also stems from the fact that I think I have
 a deep understanding of the needs of the region and
 particularly in the Caribbean. I understand that it is critical that we play a role
 active in the management of the Internet space. The challenges to which
 facing the region are tremendous and one of the doors for development
 in socioeconomic improvement will be through use of front and
 background. ICANN for many of us is like a rarefied air. thus
 I will serve to ensure that somehow can be made more accessible and
 easier to understand for everyone. That is the role of At-Large. That is the role
 LACRALO.

 -
 Lance Hinds
 Chief Technology Officer
 BrainStreet Group
 287 'C' Albert St.
 Georgetown Guyana

 This message contains information That May be privileged and / or
 confidential and is the property of BrainStreet Technologies or BrainStreet
 Learning.The information contained HEREIN is Intended only for the
 Individual or entity To Whom it is addressed and others authorized to
 receive it. If you are not the Intended recipient, you are not authorized
 to read, print, Retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or take any action
 in reliance to the Contents of this information or any part thereof and it
 May be unlawful to do so. If you receive an error message in esta, por favor
 Immediately notify the sender and delete all copies of esta message from
 your system. Learning Technologies BrainStreet or are neither BrainStreet
 liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
 In This communication contained nor any delay in Its receipt.

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/1312a15e54.html