[lac-discuss-en] Passing of Dr. Oscar Moreno of nic.pr (Puerto Rico ccTLD)

carlosaguirre62 carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:16:00 UTC 2015

Thanks Carlton, for inform us. Very sad to hear That.
My condolences too to Oscar family. He  Was a good guy and always remember a travel With him Madrid to Lisbon in 2007 it Was our first conversation. After that we had and exellent relation.
Bye Oscar . A very important lost for us.

It is with the deepest regret that I share the news conveyed yesterday
evening from Oscar Moreno Jnr that his uncle, Dr. Oscar Moreno Snr. has
died.

Oscar was my friend, the leading light of nic.pr, the Puerto Rican ccTLD
operator, founder of Gauss Laboratories and a friend of the Caribbean
Internet interests.

Some of you who have come in contact with him would have known that Oscar
has always thought of himself as a Caribbean man. And while only a few of
us would be privy to the information, he assisted in many ways to advance
Caribbean engagement and integration in the names and numbers policy
development arena as well as the domain name business. Oscar has also been
involved in seminal work on digital watermarking as well.

My sincere condolences to Oscar's family, friends, Pablo and associates of
nic.pr and his Gauss Laboratories partners. Oscar Jnr. has promised to
share information on funeral rites soon as it is available.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799