[lac-discuss-en] ??? Q = iso-8859-1 F3n_entr Posibilidad_de_cooperaci = = = iso-8859-1 e_LACRALO_y_LACNIC q =?????

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 00:19:30 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:??? Q = iso-8859-1 F3n_entr Posibilidad_de_cooperaci = = = iso-8859-1 e_LACRALO_y_LACNIC q =?????
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear / os,

 For those who were following the reunin ICANN in Singapore habrn
 I have heard that in one of the sessions ALAC theme is planteel
 cooperation between the RIRs (Regional Internet Registry) and THIN
 (Regional At-Large Organization).

 In this reunin I've been talking to representatives of LACNIC about
 of activities together that Could we make between LACNIC and LACRALO.

 In principle, this estabierto to be discussed and completed in
 LACRALO, there are two activities that can be performed together (and
 this is what the reunin comment Singapore):

 1) Receive training techniques LACNIC staff on issues
 are of interest LACRALO.This will benefit us as THIN in
 capacitacin issues that we are always asking, and in addition allow that
 We also toast them LACNIC the vision we have from the
 Internet users place in those policies which they discuss and
 decide, and that can affect us as users.

 2) One of the recommendations surgide ATLAS II is to perform
 the General Assemblies of the RALO in conjunction with other events
 Internet governance regional or regional offices
 ICANN. This is obviously a recomendaciny habrque see on qucasos and
 in quregiones possible.

 In this line, one of the most important events at the regional level
 have is the LACIGF. This year will be done in conjunction with the eLAC in
 Mexico during the first week of August. This will be the first year that
 Both events are held together and the aim is that both events
 will provide feedback, especially regarding the assistant public.eLAC has
 majority governments as assistants and members of the
 civil society and of the art community as observers. The LACIGF has
 mostly an audience from civil society and the
 technics community and less private sector representatives and
 governments. The LACIGF has a program consisting of representative Comitdel
 different sectors (to date, in that I am a member Comityo as
 representative of civil society and ICANN is a member as representative of
 technics community and other sectors) and a Secretariat which is
 just LACNIC.

 In this scenario, a possibility that opens to analyze, is the
 possibility of LACRALO General Assemblies (so
 annual, biennial, or decide) in conjunction with these events,
 especially LACIGF.

 Importantly, the Comitdel Program and LACIGF
 Secretariat, LACNIC, becan all different years to a certain number of
 Participants in our region to attend the LACIGF, and this could
 serve that part of these people who scholarship to attend both
 LACIGF and the General Assembly of LACRALO.

 I would like to leave open these issues to analysis and discussion, seeing qu
 we can serve our THIN and if the content seems appropriate
 (Ms what you might suggest to include) We could make progress
 in some kind of cooperation agreement with LACNIC.

 Qules think? These proposals may be useful for LACRALO?

 I'm not sure if I will be able to participate in the monthly morning call
 LACRALO. If this issue could be included on the agenda to start
 analyze these possibilities, thank you in advance.

 Thank you very much.

 Best regards,

 Fatima Cambronero

 -