[lac-discuss-en] Meeting Invitation/ SINGLE ISSUE CALL: LACRALO ALAC Member election 2015 – Candidates Presentation

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Aug 25 22:54:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am copying the Spanish-language LACRALO list.

We should prepare some questions for the candidates so that they can prepare adequately.

ISOC Mexico's questions are:

1. what are the candidates' commitments to others in their day job and other activities? we need to determine how freely they can act upon their own principles and in representation of LACRALO. This means independence from employers, especially those structurally confronted with At Large users, and governments.

2. do candidates speak English, Spanish and maybe other languages so they can act effectively in the ALAC and communicate effectively with the LACRALO community?

3. what are the candidates' plans for consulting with the community during their function in ALAC, if elected?

4. what do candidates consider represents them better, from what they have been doing a. inside the community, b. outside the community? this should be open for community comment.

5. what are the candidates' positions regarding some important issues on which they will have to make decisions soon, such as whois and the "new whois", the IANA transition, the selection of a new ICANN CEO, and others to which they are paying attention?

I think this is a fair list, doesn't pre-select for or against any of the registered candidates, and allows for an objective selection. We know that this election is likely to have some block votes but block-independent voters will be well served. Also, this will allow for some accountability of the elected person down the road, and transparency before, during and after the election.

We request that the Chair and Secretariat use this list for structuring the interviews and the meeting. Replies in writing will also be welcome. The discussion has to take place over a reasonable time before the ballots are sent. Once the ballots are out it should stop.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org