[lac-discuss-en] Second Preliminary Proposal CCWG on Liability

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:59:37 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Second Preliminary Proposal CCWG on Liability
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Alberto,

 It is encouraging you start the discussion of this issue by focusing on points
 concrete whose relevance is aligned with the expertise and interests
 the legitimate representative organizations of users.

 Regarding paragraph 154, "Bullet" 2 (in Mexico typographers say
 "Bullet"): At Large was conceived as a space for users
 General Internet, not only non-commercial; and touch interests
 IP addresses and protocol parameters, not just names
 domain. These are the two At Large differences between on the one hand and
 NCDNHC, NCUC, and NCSG NPOC other. It is understood that general users
 (Non-corporate) Internet can have a commercial interest as
 law firms, medical practices, etc. (And not represent
 that may represent conflicts of interest).I hope this helps
 ALAC what you are proposing in this paragraph.

 As for the longer text that you include:

 1. have to analyze the implications of the phrase "international law";
 It has very extensive ramifications which if necessary can be
 abound. Not all are desirable.

 2. explicit mention of end users must be qualified too.
 We are constantly seeing these are not easily represented. The
 accountability, transparency and protection against arrest
 private or government in this sector must go deeper.

 3. the definition of "private sector" has been a puzzle since the
 ICANN was founded. This phrase represents "everything that is not government"
 Anglo American nomenclature in use in 1999. In much of
 Europe and Latin America, at least, represents companies
 profit. How much you will need to specify which groups make up this sector
 It is subject to discussion, obviously.

 Four.By ISOC Mexico we have consistently seen at least
 since the WSIS, the Internet technical community must be mentioned
 explicitly, since knowledge of technology and its evolution it is
 essential for its governance. For this goes beyond Internet
 yet in other fields of sectoral governance as forests or
 the sea, since the medium is explicitly constructed and its governance
 built about the same time that its technology. In some cases
 governance sets limits or create aspirations for technology.
 This part, therefore, should not be overlooked. Some vices system
 multistakeholder are not intrinsic but you should not attend the
 technogenic criteria.

 Hopefully we can advance the discussion and construction of a position
 reasoned collective at least this doscientosavo the total work.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 21/08/2015 21:59 GMT-05: 00 Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org> :

> Estimados, para no esperar el primer webinar y comenzar de alguna forma el
> tratamiento de los temas que nos interesen.
>
> Pueden ver completa Esta Segunda Propuesta Preliminar del CCWG sobre
> Responsabilidad, en los siguientes links:
>

> https://goo.gl/utyl6E    Español
>
> https://goo.gl/KVg4pw  Frances
>
> https://goo.gl/efH8mM   Ingles
>
> https://goo.gl/ZHjT1k  Portugues
>

> Sugiero que para tratar los temas, tomemos el número de párrafo. Y en
> principio sugiero el 154:
>

> ASESORAMIENTO Y LIDERAZGO DEL SECTOR PRIVADO CONTRARIO A LOS ESTATUTOS
>
> 154 Varios comentaristas de gobiernos objetaron fuertemente el cambio
> propuesto al Valor Fundamental 11 existente, que establece que la ICANN
> “conservando sus raíces en el sector privado” debe “reconocer que los
> gobiernos y las autoridades públicas son responsables de las políticas
> públicas” y debe tener en cuenta las recomendaciones de tales autoridades.
> Tras una extensa conversación, el CCWG sobre Responsabilidad propone
> abordar estas inquietudes de dos maneras: ï‚·    Primero, para eliminar la
> confusión sobre el significado de “sector privado” en los Estatutos de la
> ICANN, proponemos determinar de forma explícita que el sector privado
> incluye a partes interesadas comerciales, la sociedad civil, la comunidad
> técnica y al sector académico. Nota: Una minoría sugiere que el significado
> de “sector privado” debe incluir en la descripción del término, en cambio,
> a los proveedores comerciales, usuarios comerciales, usuarios finales
> individuales, la sociedad civil, el sector académico y la comunidad
> técnica.     En segundo lugar, proponemos eliminar el texto que algunos
> comentaristas leyeron para eliminar la obligación de la ICANN para
> solicitar asesoramiento consensuado al GAC.  En cambio, proponemos enmendar
> el Artículo XI de los Estatutos de la siguiente manera: cada comité asesor
> debería fundamentar el asesoramiento, con referencias al derecho
> internacional o nacional aplicable y pertinente, cuando corresponda. El
> texto propuesto también implementa la recomendación de ATRT2, que requiere
> que la ICANN trabaje con el GAC para facilitarle el desarrollo y
> publicación del fundamento del asesoramiento del GAC al momento de su
> provisión.     En tercer lugar, proponemos aclarar que el proceso de
> revisión independiente se aplica a todas las violaciones de los Estatutos
> de la ICANN, incluso las violaciones que resultan de la acción o inacción
> de la ICANN a partir del aporte de los comités asesores u organizaciones de
> apoyo.
>

> La opinión de ALAC sobre este párrafo es la siguiente (en Inglés):
>

> Paragraph 154, Bullet 2:The ALAC strongly supports the minority position
> that end-users should be explicitly referenced. Although many user
> organizations can be classed as civil society, that is not true in the
> general case. [Need additional rationale demonstrating cases where the two
> are different].

> [...]

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 3000 University Avenue,. 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS FROM MEXICO +525541444475 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty