[lac-discuss-en] Voting and cancellations

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri Aug 21 20:02:45 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Voting and cancellations
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Carlos, I copy the mail I sent this morning:

 "Dear, I again explain: to notice that there was a proposal for Jacqueline Morris, and should be considered to have been in time, were consulted Alejandro Pisanty, who agreed to withdraw his motion, support of Jacqueline, and not hold the vote.

 Here there is no arbitrary decision, it is a rational decision about joining criteria.

 According to Art. 4 of our Operating Principles and Art. 4.1 of our common LACRALO Rules of Procedures, in order not to lose more time, I decided to cancel the vote.

 Until that time we agreed Jacqueline Morris, of course because it is their proposal, Alejandro Pisanty, Sergio Salinas Porto, Humberto Carrasco and me.

 Then we inform the list that Alexander had withdrawn its motion, and if there was no opposition within seven days reported, Jacqueline's motion was approved.

 We can now vote a motion was withdrawn.

 Want to insist on a vote, the proposal should be voted on is Jacqueline's motion. If you insist on voting on the motion of Alejandro Pisanty, we would be voting on a withdrawal proposal and thus would enter a major policy inconsistency.

 So we wait seven days provided and informed view all comments generated, and thus end this process. "

 Cheers

 Alberto Soto