[lac-discuss-en] = utf-8 q Respuesta_a_preguntas_para_elecci = = utf-8 q = C3 = B3n_de_ALAC_Member =????????

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Thu Aug 13 00:01:41 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: = utf-8 q Respuesta_a_preguntas_para_elecci = = utf-8 q = C3 = B3n_de_ALAC_Member =????????
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Alexander, I remember the answer:

 "We discussed the possibility of including this requirement, but can not find any explicit reference in the Principles or operational ROPS. In addition, each candidate must complete his Statement of Interest (SOI), where you can see if there is any conflict of interest. In short, it will be left to the judgment of each voter if any candidate has a conflict of interest or not. We think that in the future we must explicitly include a rule regulating this issue in our organizational documents. "

 As you can see, we have no rule about it. Nor we have standards to specify your order of election commission.

 But we have no more time to delay this election.If we do so for any reason, it is likely that whoever is appointed, can not travel to Dublin to take charge.

 We have already lost too much time, and I say lost because there was delay orders for discussion, and no one raised the requested topics, so we took the previous two and proceeded accordingly.

 Even some raised privately generate a document, and privately replied that if they wanted, they pose to the list, but did not.

 There will be an interview with the candidates or, and every ALS can think freely about it, and then make your decision.

 Cheers

 Alberto Soto