[lac-discuss-en] [ALAC] Some thoughts on ALS Criteria & Expectations Taskforce

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:39:34 UTC 2015

+1.

The challenge is adjusting the structural underpinnings of the At-Large
engagement in ICANN and the perceptions of performance.  And that will be
difficult, at best.

More to the point, we are not seeing the kind of innovative thinking about
performance metrics that would make what you and I see as value come to the
top.

Case in point. We had a recent situation in LACRALO where it was seriously
proposed that if one sends an apology for non-attendance - *note well,
purely not attending* - an online meeting, that should be counted as
participation!

And, some benighted fella would claim offense if one were to reflexively
say aloud that the notion as expressed offends even the commonsensical idea
of what is stupid.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799