[lac-discuss-en] Re "Introduction of Two-Character Domain Names in the New gTLD Namespace" Public comment

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:47:48 UTC 2014

Closely reasoned and from the principle of cc assignment certainly worthy
of the ALAC's consideration.

While we're at it, lets consider that 3-character country codes are
possible.

Giving protection for a future event suggests we have a definite knowledge
of country/territory breakdown and thusly, possible code assignment.  Tying
up all permutations of 2 characters especially when you consider IDNs would
be a tough sell.

Carlton

On Jul 10, 2014 2:04 AM, "Dev Anand Teelucksingh" <devtee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the public comment on "Introduction of Two-Character Domain
Names

https://web.archive.org/web/20111101141651/http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/iso-3166-1_decoding_table.htm