[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Governance Document

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:31:06 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues:
I was planning to be on the governance call this afternoon but
unfortunately will be in the air enroute North at the time.

We have several concerns with the draft of the LACRALO RoP, all of which
I'm sure Dev has already outlined.  So you know my position:

1. We will not agree to any change that withdraws protection from minority
voices in LACRALO
2. We will not agree to any change that removes the equal protection
safeguards for countries and gives size of country advantage in any voting
scheme
4. We favour a 2-year term for the existing officer corp
3. We are concerned about the proposal for what seems to be a top-heavy
officer cadre which is not fit to purpose.

I hope good sense prevails and we eschew the divisiveness of Costa Rica
this time around.

Kind regards,
-Carlton