[lac-discuss-en] Regarding the Amazon domain.

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:24:31 UTC 2014

Should we say - "a Daniel has come to judgment"?  Because we already know
any decision here will and must be purely political.

After all the 'one the one hand...on the other hand' details, the learned
Professor has come to what we knew going in: the AGB does not deter the
string being assigned, international IP law does not forbid it and the
principle of territoriality (which some of us used to argue for local
trademarks to be acknowledged and respected in the Trademark Clearing House
concept and was rejected by the community) is not a basis for string
assignment in the gTLD.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799