[lac-discuss-en] RV: ATLAS II Interview

ainfodata at gmail.com ainfodata at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:00:08 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: ATLAS II Interview
 From: ainfodata at gmail.com

 Dear, Dear,
 I was working on connectivity projects within the country and
 with very little internet access.

 Anyway it is interesting to me to answer queries sent from
 the Incluirme Foundation, I hope you can include in future documents.

 1.? From the perspective of your region what is the importance of participating
 in spaces such as ATLAS II?

 ATLAS II will take place at a unique historical moment Governance
 Internet.

 After the announcement of the Government of the United States early in the process
 Transfer the IANA functions to a control scheme
 multistakehoder and the start of the formal process in the ICANN meeting
 49 in Singapore, ATLAS II becomes a forum for exchange of ideas
 and experiences of great relevance to this process leading to
 mid-2015.

 In particular, the exchange of ideas and perspectives generate a
 enrichment of great value to the ALS of our Latin America region
 and the Caribbean. The countries of our region face similar challenges
 from access to the Internet, the development of policies related to
 Internet governance and above all the challenge of a
 participation on an equal footing with other regions of the world's
 developed.

 That is why Incluirme Foundation believes that involvement in
 ATLAS II is a unique area of \u200b\u200bgreat value in strengthening our region
 in this process of profound change.

 Two.What is the goal or objective that seeks to achieve its region with the
 participation in the ATLAS II?

 Latin America and the Caribbean is a region of great cultural diversity,
 geographical and social, in turn is a region with large asymmetries
 economic, technological and social.

 The goal of our region's participation in ATLAS II is to make the
 ALS mutual understanding between different world and our own region
 serve as a tool for change and achieving goals
 social inclusion, greater access, equal participation and greater
 training for all citizens of Latin America and the
 Caribbean.

 Learning from other ALS, share experiences, enhance projects
 of each of the different RALOS ALS, and above all things
 convey the conviction that a relevant participation in processes
 policy making can change expected results.

 Three.What are the expected results of regional or global ATLAS
 II?

 - Exchange of experiences between ALS and other region other
 parts
 - Collective learning of common tools
 - Increased flow in future communications between the region and ALS
 other world
 - Increased participation of members of relevant communities of America
 America and the Caribbean in ICANN and other spaces of debate Governance
 Internet

 April. Considers What are the next steps that should be performed
 ATLAS II region after?

 - Develop a work plan covering the whole transition process
 IANA functions to evaluate what the users position
 Internet America and the Caribbean in this process.

 - Strengthen a regional vision of common interest to be presented at
 all meetings, reinforcing what is expected of organizations
 overall responsibility as ICANN.

 - Support training projects that allow more citizens and
 citizens of our countries actively involved in these processes.

 - Incluirme Foundation offers its training through the
 South School on Internet Governance to achieve this goal.

 Best Regards,
 Adrian Carballo
 President
 Incluirme Foundation