[lac-discuss-en] RV: ATLAS II Interview

amedinagomez at gmail.com amedinagomez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:57:37 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: ATLAS II Interview
 From: amedinagomez at gmail.com

 Regards Alberto.
 Below are the contributions of the Colombian Association of Users
 Internet
 Attentively

 Antonio Medina Gomez

 * 1.From the perspective of their region what is the importance of participating
 in spaces such as ATLAS II? *

 The Colombian Association of Internet Users as ALS region of
 Latin America and the Caribbean LACRALO, work for socialization,
 knowledge, use and development of technologies of informaciny
 communications and the Internet in particular. Actively participate in the
 Internet Ecosystem consolidation in the region, to interact with
 other organizations that have experience and knowledge and make
 contributions that belongs to us as civil society organization, which
 have as their mission, represent citizens and businesses in the context
 of the knowledge society.

 * 2.What is the goal or objective that seeks to achieve its region with
 participation in the ATLAS II? *

 The main objective is to actively participate in the different
 planned activities in ATLAS II, the respective contributions and Ask search
 consensus, even in times when there are differences of
 reviews, precisely where issues are discussed or analyzed
 Substantive our region.

 * 3. Cules expected to be regional or global results of ATLAS
 II? *

 The work done in these years as ALS of Latin America and the Caribbean
 now allows us to act with greater knowledge and understanding of
 ESTN some aspects discussed in the agenda Lacralo. Not in
 all cases, the best results are achieved by the low participation
 ALS and in other cases, there is little significant contributions, which
 can change the essence of communication. Note that in
 some discussion on the list, there are interventions that are well
 informed and that these interventions deserve special recognition.
 There are excellent contributions and we have to highlight it and value it publicly
 with an acknowledgment. Should be to design a strategy incentive
 motivate members to participate Lacralo.

 We hope to promote the analysis and discussion of the importance
 participaciny strengthen the already established mechanisms

 * 4. Cules considered are the following steps you must perform the
 ATLAS II region after? *

 The working groups have done important work in defining
 activities that are essential for the sustainable development of future
 Internet in the region. Likewise strengthen the Internet ecosystem in
 Lacralo, leveraging the synergies established from a
 organization as Icann, which leads significant elements
 related to the future of the Internet in Lacralo. In the short term this
 must be translated into commitments and to articulate properly follow
 these relevant aspects, to increase visibility and participation
 of members or representatives Lacralo in an international context.