[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: Correction: March 2014 Election LACRALO

hcarrascob at gmail.com hcarrascob at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:20:17 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Fwd: Correction: March 2014 Election LACRALO
 From: hcarrascob at gmail.com

 Estimates:

 Remember.

 Regards

 -------- Original Message --------

 Hello Alberto and Humberto,

 I hope your day has been going well.

 My name is Ariel Liang, the At-Large Policy Coordinator. It is nice to
 virtually meet you.

 I was Informed That There is a country-related coefficient calculation
 error in the past LACRALO Election. I have checked the vote results
 That several times and confirm the country coefficients of all ALS
 Representatives are correct expect for That of Carlos Alberto Watson
 Carazo. The weight of his vote Should be 3.13 instead of 6.25. I have
 PDF documents created (attached) showing where the Error Occurs, as well
 as correcting the mistake. Also I have an addendum to the Drafted Vote
 Result (below) That You May Consider Publicizing via the mailing LACRALO
 list. Sincerely apologize for the mistake and the inconvenience May cause
 you.

 Thank you,
 Ariel

 **
 Dear All,

 In the interests of transparency, the Chair and Secretariat are LACRALO
 Obliged to report an error in calculating the weighted vote for the
 preferred candidates to serve as Chair and Secretariat LACRALO for the
 period 2014 to 2015.

 Alberto Soto is still the preferred candidate for Chair with LACRALO
 43.49 instead of 46.61 weighted vote while Sergio Salinas Porto is
 unchanged at 28.65 weighted vote.

 Humberto Carrasco is still the preferred candidate for LACRALO
 44.80 With the Secretariat unchanged while Juan Manuel weighted vote
 Rojas has 32.54 instead of 35.66 weighted vote.

 The reason for the mistake was due to an incorrect country coefficient
 ALS Assigned to the Following:

  * ISOC-CR Costa Rica Internet Society for Development - was 6.25
    (Incorrect) instead of 3.13 (correct)

 Here is a PDF showing the incorrect calculations:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10rrZn6kIB0OGhPRjBPQzVEeDg/edit?usp=sharing

 Here is a PDF showing the corrected results:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10rrZn6kIB0N1JyUjcyV0FjbmM/edit?usp=sharing

 Apologies for the mistake.

 Kind Regards,

 Alberto Soto