[lac-discuss-en] ATLAS II: some updates

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Mon Mar 31 02:10:15 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: ATLAS II: some updates
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Dear, I want to thank Fatima in the first instance, as always,
 destacndose for their excellent work.
 Sque have to work this together, and we will.

 But I want to highlight a few things before it.

 In the meeting of ICANN Buenos Aires, in the showcase, Fadi Chehade highlights
 LACRALO, by the amount of ALS within it. Unfortunately this does not
 consistent with the level of participation not only in our own
 meetings and working groups, but also in the fields where our
 Regin is convened.

 A paragraph of Fátima: "Aququisiera remember I sent invitation
 to participate in these groups all LACRALO on several occasions,
 both the mailing list and calls. The participation of
 LACRALO members remains low in comparison with other RALOs.In the
 reunin was returning from Singapore insist the need for more
 members of our region are involved in these working groups, or
 who appear as members in different groups actually have a
 active participation. "

 I've also noticed many times in our list, many claims to
 who are occasionally as leaders. Totally agree with that
 everyone is entitled to claim quines have chosen. And the demand for
 rest of my mandate freshly starts.

 But we also have to agree that to demand, we must have a
 certain "moral authority" to do so. Some in nearly two years have not been
 NEVER participated, and criticized baseless. This is not tico, and
 far less constructive.

 I would like to start a stage of great participation and involvement
 active members of our ALS integrndose all activities
 may be useful to consider, along ysa my time LACRALO
 (2005 onwards), which are muchsimos, actually the majority, destacndose
 by his personality and professionalism.I earnestly request your
 collaboration, not for me, for our Regin.

 We need to engage with our representative at sb all webinar
 and all meetings of Atlas II, which we have been talking and such
 coordinating with Humberto. How we do it? Coordinating between us, but
 I sure!

 Other paragraphs shall of Fátima "-Strengthen the structure from the bottom up
 At-Large community through the creation of capabilities and decision-
 aware of the policies of At-Large in the process of involving ams
 150 ALS,-Further develop capabilities At-Large Community to
 participation in ICANN by increasing their knowledge and understanding
 of the key issues facing ICANN and the roles and responsibilities
 ICANN;-Making plans for the next stage of development
 At-Large/ALAC community;
 - Allow ICANN demonstrate to the world a key component of
 bottom-up multistakeholder environment at a crucial time for
 ICANN and for the model of multiple Internet stakeholders. "

 Personally, I think the model we have to support, it ensures
 transparency and governance tested so far. I hope we can
 keep.

 Finally, I do not want to bore you, I would like slow reading,
 deep analysis of this mail and the Fatima, and then we get down to
 work with all the strength we can.

 Best Regards

 Alberto Soto