[lac-discuss-en] VOTING RESULTS CHAIRMAN / SECRETARY LACRALO / VOTE RESULTS: LACRALO March 2014/LACRALO Election Elections in March 2014

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Mar 27 23:03:27 UTC 2014

Dear all,

yesterday, we said goodbye to José Arce and Sylvia Herlein Leyte and
thanked them for all of the very hard work which they did for the
LACRALO region.

As I said in my speech to the people present in Singapore, LACRALO has
expanded so much under their stewardship. The position of RALO Chair and
Secretary is a lot of work for very little thanks and José and Sylvia
deserved our applause.

Today we say Welcome to Alberto Soto and Humberto Carrasco.

I would like to congratulate both Alberto and Humberto for being
selected by LACRALO to not only represent their region in London in June
2014 but also to take the difficult task of continuing the work of their
predecessors to improve and grow LACRALO and support all of the region.

This selection comes at a time when ICANN and the global Internet is at
an important crossroads. This year 2014 is so important, the ALAC needs
support from all of its regions to be able to fulfil its many missions.
ICANN needs support from the whole world! I look forward to working with
Alberto and Humberto to make sure LACRALO is ready for its future
challenges and projects and to support LACRALO so that the voice of
Internet Users in Latin America and the Caribbean is heard on the ALAC
and in ICANN. The work begins today!

Best regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair