[lac-discuss-en] APPROVED UNDER CIVIL by Br House

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Wed Mar 26 03:13:04 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: APPROVED UNDER CIVIL by Br House
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 I quite happy to see this approved Timely for the NET WORLD in Brazil
 next 23-24th April.
 Best to all

 Vanda Scartezini
 Polo Consultores Associados
 Av Paulista 1159, 1004 cj
 01311-200 - Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
 Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
 Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464

 From: Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>
 Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 8:54
 To: &quot;irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org&quot;
<irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org> , &quot;Discuss at 1net.org&quot;
<discuss at 1net.org>
 Subject: [IRPCoalition] APPROVED UNDER CIVIL by Br House

 Dear all,

 As info we have received so much support from the international community, I'm
 extremely happy to let you know That Civil Marco (after years of activism of
 a great group of Br groups and a lot of political strategy) has just been
 approved at the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies. Now we need to approve it in
 the Senate.

 This is the final version of the text:
 http://www.camara.gov.br/proposicoesWeb/prop_mostrarintegra?codteor=1238705 &amp;
 filename = Tramitacao-PL +2126 / 2011

 Of course, the text is not perfect and we still Have to fight for changes on
 data retention. Nevertheless, its a very happy day for many of the Brazilian
 civil society Organizations Mobilized for approving a bill of rights for the
 Internet. A lot of very good people Have Been engaged and doing an amazing
 job in Brasilia and on the social networks, without giving up, DESPITE of
 the never ending vote vote-not soap opera. # FeelingProud :)

 I would like to thank you for all the support received to far, as
 Helped international pressure have as well.

 Also this is a good step for NetMundial.

 Exciting

 -
 Carolina Rossini
 http://carolinarossini.net/