[lac-discuss-en] [IRPCoalition] MARCO CIVIL APPROVED by Br House

Vanda Scartezini vanda at uol.com.br
Wed Mar 26 03:11:46 UTC 2014

 I quite happy to see this approved timely for the NET MUNDIAL in Brazil
next 23-24th April.
Best to all

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464

From:  Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 8:54
To:  "irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org"
<irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>, "discuss at 1net.org"
<discuss at 1net.org>
Subject:  [IRPCoalition] MARCO CIVIL APPROVED by Br House

Dear all,

As we have received so much support from the international community, I'm
extremely happy to let you know that Marco Civil (after years of activism of
a great group of Br groups and a lot of political strategy) has just been
approved at the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies. Now we need to approve it in
the Senate.

This is the final version of the text:
http://www.camara.gov.br/proposicoesWeb/prop_mostrarintegra?codteor=1238705&
filename=Tramitacao-PL+2126/2011

Of course, the text is not perfect and we still have to fight for changes on
data retention. Nevertheless, its a very happy day for many of the Brazilian
civil society organizations mobilized for approving a bill of rights for the
Internet. A lot of very good people have been engaged and doing an amazing
job in Brasilia and on the social networks, without giving up, despite of
the never ending vote-not vote soap opera. #FeelingProud :)

I would like to thank you for all the support received to far, as
international pressure have helped as well.

This is also a good step for NetMundial.

Exciting

--
Carolina Rossini
http://carolinarossini.net/