[lac-discuss-en] Second representative

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Sun Sep 14 16:30:53 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Second representative
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 Alejandro.
 We had this doubt about the Board rule when the candidature
 NomComm Gonzalo. Because um was also a member of the Institute of
 Intellectual Property in Chile. Asque was consulted and accepted as
 board member of our region. Asque comprendque pelas rules
 Board, a member involved with the proposal and enforcement (not
 as they say in Spanish) of public policies estpermitido not be
 member of the Board. Those who are not directly involved no
 special restriction.

 Vanda Scartezini
 Polo Consultores Associados
 Av. Paulista 1159, 1004 cj
 01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
 Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
 Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464

 Dear &gt;&gt; @ s tod @ s,

 >> Forgive the delay in responding, I had a health problem that I
 >> Impidihacerlo before.

 I &gt;&gt; think the criteria of incompatibility and conflict of
 Interests &gt;&gt;
 Must be associated with &gt;&gt; the functions directly to each
 -Performing &gt;&gt;
 Into a &gt;&gt; government.Consider the argument that the mere
 Fact &gt;&gt; receive a salary from the State to be an inconsistency
 >> Represent users, will introduce a variable
 Discriminatory &gt;&gt;
 >> For people who are not official spokespersons or representatives
 A &gt;&gt;
 >> Government, and on the contrary, this criterion was sufficient to make
 >> Limitations and restrict our freedom as individuals and citizens
 What &gt;&gt;
 >> Prohibits any law in the world.
 >>

 >> As some people know, Indecopi is a government agency
 What &gt;&gt;
 Has &gt;&gt; functional Econmica technique and, unlike other autonomous
 >> Agencies. Inside the indecopi there are 10 committees and
 >> 3
 Specialized &gt;&gt; Salas (Intellectual Property and Consumer Protection
 Competition &gt;&gt;) to see different themes and all are
 >> Independent, that is, no overlap in their functions or are
 Intrudes into &gt;&gt; issues that are not within their competence (1 Free Competition
 >> 2.
 Dumping &gt;&gt;, 3 Barriers Burocrticas, 4 Consumer Protection 5.
 >> Unfair Competition Bankruptcy Proceedings 6, 7 Property
 Intellectual &gt;&gt; (divided in 3 Commissions: Distinctive Signs 7.1, 7.2..
 Copyright &gt;&gt; and 7.3. Inventions) and 8 Infrastructure
 Quality &gt;&gt;).
 For many countries &gt;&gt; Indecopi is a hybrid and, in turn, a reference to
 Worldwide for how &gt;&gt; handled functionally and quality
 Technics &gt;&gt;
 >> Their pronouncements.

 In my case &gt;&gt; and centrndonos subject in discussion, although
 I work &gt;&gt;
 >> To that agency (situation that has never been denied), my work is
 Technique &gt;&gt; - solving the Chamber on Intellectual Property.
 No &gt;&gt;
 >> Am the official spokesperson or official representative of the Government, so much as
 >> That in all cases that are under my responsibility are
 >> Signed by a person in charge and there is a collegial body (5
 Vowels &gt;&gt;)
 >> That is responsible for approving (or not) and discuss the procedures that I have
 To &gt;&gt;
 My position &gt;&gt; when they (Vocals) who ultimately determine the
 >> Sense of a statement.
 >>

 >> Also exist in my country other government entities that
 Responsible &gt;&gt;
 >> Of work linked to Icann (eg, point defense
 Amazon &gt;&gt;
 >> Was conducted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru, the
 Promotion of brands &gt;&gt; pas is done through the Promper (another
 State entity &gt;&gt;), the protection of consumers is made by a
 Commission &gt;&gt;
 >> And / or Special Branch Indecopi independent and not linked to
 Other &gt;&gt;
 >> Areas, etc).
 >>

 >> I have reviewed carefully the bylaws
 >>  https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/bylaws-2012-02-25-en#VI
 >> (. Additional Requirements 4.1) and interpret the following:
 >>

 >> A) The definition of official bylaws that set is the
 The &gt;&gt; hold an elective government position, ie named
 >> Officially, what will come to be an appointment of official rate and
 These &gt;&gt;
 Official appointments &gt;&gt; in my country for resolution of power are made
 Executive &gt;&gt; (or whoever is delegated this function) and subsequent publication
 In &gt;&gt;
 >> The official gazette El Peruano.
 >>

 >> B) The second requirement is to have * primary * function is
 >> Say by * Main function * the development or the power to influence
 In government policies &gt;&gt; opblicas. Situation which, as I have
 >> Explained above, it does not happen in my case into the
 >> Government.
 >>

 >> As you can see, there is no incompatibility between my condition of
 Wage &gt;&gt; government, with other features.If applicable,
 Then &gt;&gt;
 Anger to end &gt;&gt; I could not be Professor Graduate (because
 Also &gt;&gt;
 I am an academic &gt;&gt; at a private university) and discuss a technician level
 The &gt;&gt;
 Laws of my country &gt;&gt; (within which the criteria are met and
 Laws &gt;&gt;
 Especficas &gt;&gt; Indecopi) or writing * papers * or lecture in
 Which expresses my &gt;&gt; posicintcnica and academic on legal issues,
 >> Because that is my profession (lawyer) and my cousin on condition of
 Working &gt;&gt; government.

 >> As you can see, there is no incompatibility between my condition of
 Wage &gt;&gt; representacina government and for users. Without
 Subject &gt;&gt; what I have said previously, I remain at the disposal of the
 What &gt;&gt;
 LACRALO &gt;&gt; authorities determined.

 >> Finally, I would like to thank the people who were the subject
 And &gt;&gt; clear discussion in favor of representation that
 Johnny &gt;&gt;
 Has so graciously &gt;&gt; delegate on me.Thanks Vanda, Sergio
 >> Salinas,
 Bronstein &gt;&gt; Sergio, Carlos Vera, Humberto, Johnny and the others tod @ s.

 Greetings &gt;&gt; I remain at your disposal for any inquiries of you and / or
 >> Additional comment.

 Maritza Agero &gt;&gt;

 The &gt;&gt; September 13, 2014 3:43 Humberto Carrasco
 >> <hcarrascob at gmail.com
 >>> I wrote:
 >>
 >>> Dear Alexander,

 Thanks again for &gt;&gt;&gt; focus point of debate.

 For clarity of &gt;&gt;&gt; those without a good understanding of
 English &gt;&gt;&gt; let me copy versions in Spanish and Portuguese Course:

 * &gt;&gt;&gt; Espaol: *

 >>>  https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/bylaws-2012-02-25-es#IV

 * &gt;&gt;&gt; Section 4: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (FOR THE SELECTION OF
 DIRECTORS &gt;&gt;&gt;)
 * &gt;&gt;&gt;

 >>> 1.Notwithstanding any contrary Disposition in this
 Document &gt;&gt;&gt; not podrdesempearse like no principal officer of a
 >>> National government or a multinational entity established by
 Treaty or &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Other agreement between national governments. According to its utilization in the
 >>> Herein, the term official refers to a
 Person &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> (I) holds an elective governmental office or (ii) who is employed
 Of &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Such a government or government entity and whose primary function in such
 >>> Government or entity is to develop or influence policies
 Or governmental &gt;&gt;&gt;
 Pblicas &gt;&gt;&gt;.

 Portugus &gt;&gt;&gt; *: *

 >>>  https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/bylaws-2012-02-25-pt#VI

 Seo &gt;&gt;&gt; * 4 * QUALIFICAES Adicionais

 1 &gt;&gt;&gt; However em something reserved, nThis document, official nenhum of
 Uma &gt;&gt;&gt;
 National Entidade &gt;&gt;&gt; ou do governo estabelecida multinational treaty
 Ou &gt;&gt;&gt;
 Outro &gt;&gt;&gt; agreed between Governos nacionais prune atuar as Diretor um.As
 NThis used &gt;&gt;&gt; document, or &quot;official&quot; means heat uma pessoa (i)
 Man â„¢ &gt;&gt;&gt; ou um governamental eleitoral charge (ii) gives funcionria
 Governamental &gt;&gt;&gt; ou multinational Entidade and principal cuja funo
 Unwrap &gt;&gt;&gt; ou ou Governamentais influence Public Policy.

 Rinse &gt;&gt;&gt; above, continuarmi opinin in the sense of trying to
 Elucidate this point &gt;&gt;&gt; safer:

 1. &gt;&gt;&gt; This is a rule that applies to the Board (Board) as well as
 SealAlejandro &gt;&gt;&gt; and not in regulations LACRALO. It
 >>> Therefore is
 Debatable &gt;&gt;&gt; extend its aplicacina LACRALO. This is because in law,
 The &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Rules establishing requirements &quot;should be interpreted
 Restrictively &gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;and
 >>> Therefore can not apply for &quot;analogue&quot;. This will be in accordance
 Thereby &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Stipulated in clause 3.1 of the MOU that points out:
 >>> &quot;The LACRALO estarcompuesta for At-Large and individuals with
 >>> Non-commercial interests in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
 All &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Citizens or residents of the region are welcome to be
 Member &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> An ALS or to form a new organization that podracreditarse
 As &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> ALS. &quot;

 2. &gt;&gt;&gt; However, if the community understands that this rule derives a
 >>> &quot;* General principle *&quot; applies to all ICANN stakeholders and
 I do &gt;&gt;&gt;
 LACRALO tambina &gt;&gt;&gt; mean, will have to see whether in this case are met
 The &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Requirements, that is, we will have to determine if these shoes Maritza
 >>> Criteria, which are:
 >>> (I) holds an elective governmental office or
 >>> (Ii) who is employed by such government or government entity whose
 _ &gt;&gt;&gt; * Main function * _en such government or entity is to develop or _ *
 * &gt;&gt;&gt; Influence government opblicas _polticas.

 Maritza &gt;&gt;&gt; Apparently not occupy an elective government position. Then
 Centrmonos &gt;&gt;&gt;, to see if it can be pigeonholed in the second situation.

 A.- &gt;&gt;&gt; If we understand that the government is INDECOPI or entity
 Government &gt;&gt;&gt;, the first course will be fulfilled raised.
 B.- &gt;&gt;&gt; What we must determine is whether the * main * function is
 >>> Develop or influence governmental or public policies.

 Aqusera &gt;&gt;&gt; good to know what the * main * function she fulfills
 In &gt;&gt;&gt;
 INDECOPI &gt;&gt;&gt; because if it is an operative function (For example, is
 Who &gt;&gt;&gt; should draft resolutions on trademark issues), not
 Will fulfill &gt;&gt;&gt;
 >>> Requirement, and even may be a member of the BOARD.

 * &gt;&gt;&gt; To summarize, it is not a simple issue, but According to my understanding the standard
 Cited by Alejandro &gt;&gt;&gt; does not expressly apply to members of
 LACRALO &gt;&gt;&gt;.
 >>> If the community thinks of this rule derives a general principle
 >>> Applicable to all ICANN stakeholders (including LACRALO), we will have to
 Determine &gt;&gt;&gt; which is the main function of Maritza in INDECOPI. *

 A hug to all &gt;&gt;&gt;

 Section 4 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; * ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS *

 Such &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; employed by government or multinational entity and Whose
 Such primary function &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; with government or entity is to Develop or

 SIT &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; well that in some countries some institutions
 State &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; but not the government, but as they develop or influence

 Alejandro Pisanty &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 A hug &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 9/12/2014 9:37 pm &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The Alexander Pisanty wrote:

> [...]
 Educacine &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 INDECOPI &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Instead, CANTV and some other organizations

 Represented &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Travs &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ICANN GAC.

 In &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; user organizations within ICANN - NCUC,
 Independence &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Clarity without &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Your &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Description To INDECOPI as contrary to organ
 Positions &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Alejandro Pisanty &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Has an activity &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Represents the position &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 University of West Indies &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; - a public university) by
 Special &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 As my posiciny retifico &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; am in favor of Maritza

 Hugs to all &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Vanda Scartezini &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Polo Consultores Associados &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Its individual function &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 APRA also space &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Furthermore there &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; At Large who has the intention of
 Governments are nin &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 ESTN now either &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Vanda Scartezini &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Polo Consultores Associados &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 And mode of pragmtico &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Is an input &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Aquo &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; work in
 Direct Mode &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Indirect &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; (added value to their own
 Professionally &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; directly or indirectly. The

 Others are direct &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 2 ms volunteers and not
 Our case &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 For we must &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; first, besides time
 Adds value to what &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 I &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; used deberser IN
 Estel substitute &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 CAN institution &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Carlos Vera Quintana &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 0988141143 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Sguemecveraq &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 This surpasses any &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 One directly &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Conflict &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 X domain name &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; government-sponsored
 Per &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; it becomes
 Defend &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Want &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 LACRALO &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; similar situations?
 S. &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Want &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Preocupacin &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Per &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; representacina AUI,
 Jhonny &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; temporarily not be able to exercise
 Furthermore &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; be important to inform
 UNC &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; as Professor
 Invited &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;, I do voluntarily without receiving
 Asque &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; please, focus correctly
 HACS &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; do as always, to divert
 Corporatism when &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Fatima Cambronero &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Salinas Porto &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;
 Presidencia at internauta.org.ar &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Be used &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; public.
 LACRALO &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Desempean &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Employees &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Interest when persibas &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Money &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Hug &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; dear fatima!
 Cambronero &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;&lt;
 Fatimacambronero at gmail.com &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Johnny &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; all / os,

> [...]
 Then &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I'd like to make two

 Find &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Our &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Maritza &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; works for INDECOPI
 Link &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Http://www.indecopi.gob.pe/ &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Although &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; INDECOPI deal with the
 Peruvian &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; is who pays all
 Salary &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; [ERROR: Sentence too long to translate (3176&gt; 1800 bytes).] In that case,
 Estaramos &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Becoming nonexistent &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Losing &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Accredited &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; [ERROR: Sentence too long to translate (2215&gt; 1800 bytes)].

 My chances &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; [ERROR: Sentence too long to translate (2193&gt; 1800 bytes).] In this

 Miss &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; present.Lawyer
 Maritza &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Agero Miano as a second

 LACRALO &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Accredited &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Voting in credentials &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 Organization &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Johnny Laureano &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Alberto Soto &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 I &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; designated by it and
 Authorized &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Representative &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Mail &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Voting designated &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 What &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 ALS &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; officially report provides a

 Best regards &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Alberto Soto &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 School of Chemistry UNAM &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
 UNAM &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Join the group on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;&gt;