[lac-discuss-en] Second representative

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:16:47 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Second representative
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Johnny, all / I,

 First let me apologize for the delay in answering this thread
 post. I was traveling and hard to follow all the
 conversations.

 Then I would like to make two comments on this issue.

 The possibility of choosing two contacts for each ALS (one primary
 voting and a secondary contact without voting rights) is
 force from the very beginning of LACRALO. You can check our
 Operating Principles applicable here, at # 4:
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264378/Principios%2520Operativos%2520de%2520la%2520LACRALO%2520Rev1%2520-%2520ES%2520.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283972736000&api=v2

 Link trimmed: http://goo.gl/Mrnk8f

 Second, regarding the application performing Johnny ests of
 Maritza Agero Miano designate as secondary contact (so you say in the
 first paragraph shall your email) or as primary contact with voting rights
 (Say that in the second paragraph of your email) Per AUI, would
 manifest a preocupacin about it. Before that, I would like to clarify
 I've had a conversation in private with Maritza on this subject,
 quin know personally the ICANN Fellowship Program and course
 ISOC Next Generation Leaders of which I am the Chair expert,
 about whom I have no personal conflict and ningn who joins me
 even a friendship.

 Maritza INDECOPI works for the National Institute for Defense
 Competition and Protection of Intellectual Property, which is the
 Peruvian government agency responsible for Intellectual Property. Link
 to your website: http://www.indecopi.gob.pe/

 Although INDECOPI deal with the defense of the rights of
 consumers (please corrjanme it if I'm wrong), is ultimately a
 government agency. The Peruvian government is the one paying their monthly
 salary.

 My preocupacin is therefore to be the primary contact AUI
 Per voting a person who is employed by the government of Peru,
 in the event of a conflict between the interests of users
 Internet (regional, though mostly local) and the government
 Peru is Maritza will be putting in a situation of conflict of
 interests, and should depart to represent Internet users
 Per and abstain from voting as a delegate of his ALS. In that case, estaramos
 returning said representation nonexistent ALS. In my opinion, is
 may participate in the discussions as secondary contact, but
 time of the vote, with the primary contact, MUST abstain losing
 the right it all accredited ALS.

 Therefore, I would like to ask Johnny Maritza possible
 Review this modification of the primary contact with voting AUI
 Per to ensure that their participation is truly effective in
 LACRALO and At-Large in general, representation of the interests of
 Internet end users.

 I remain at your disposal to assist you in what estdentro of
 my chances.

 Best Regards,

 Fatima Cambronero