[lac-discuss-en] News NOMCOM 2015-1

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Thu Oct 23 17:33:41 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: News NOMCOM 2015-1
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 Just leaving more clear what tells Sylvia. We have only one member
 our region now on the board ending his tenure in the Assembly
 the end of the year (October) 2015 Is Gonzalo. Gonzalo was reelected as
 for this position for 3 years when we choose tambina Olga now
 salidel Board in Los Angeles. At any rate as we have hablSylvia
 choose the minimum one and two are best to keep the relationship for
 our region!
 I think what ms is imposed now go find someone who has relamen
 one currculo excellent because the candidates are presented in other
 regions are very well prepared.
 We must also think of someone who has experience of board that
 speak English well, have good posture communications with
 non homogneo group of people from different cultures. There are, for
 selecionados a personal interview is very crucial.So often we one
 that looks good on paper when presented is disqualified by his
 stance.
 Another key point is to have time to devote to the board. What they say
 of hours spent on the site does not really correspond to reality.
 It takes a lot more time in different time night and day. Those who manage
 a great success are those that already have a leviana activity other
 boards or just some guidance on a ctedra in college or are
 retirees, because they add experience with availability.
 Knowledge of mondo ICANN is not essential, but one must be
 prepared for the interview, so you have to read what is being
 discussed at ICANN.
 You will also have on-site information about the expected profile
 the candidate (changes all year, depending on who leaves the board).
 Hugs
 Vanda Scartezini
 Polo Consultores Associados
 Av. Paulista 1159, 1004 cj
 01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
 Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
 Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
 Sorry for any typos.

 On 10/23/14 11:12, &quot;Vera Carlos Quintana&quot; <cveraq at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Dear Sylvia as we know in these processes have many factors
 > Presentation including a good candidate and a good management of
 > Your proposal.
 >
 > There is material support or capacitacin processes to those
 > Would like to participate can do so with greater knowledge preparaciny
 > Of the various processes?
 >
 > This may be a consideration especially for our region.
 >
 > Carlos Vera Quintana
 > 0988141143
 > Sguemecveraq
 >
 >> El 23/10/2014, at 7:20, <sylvia at internautabrasil.org>
 >> <sylvia at internautabrasil.org> I wrote:

 LACRALO &gt;&gt; Dear members:

 Greetings &gt;&gt; and write them in my first post as a member of
 NOMCOM &gt;&gt; representing Latinoamrica &amp; Caribbean.

 Ms &gt;&gt; First of all I want to thank everyone who voted for me
 The &gt;&gt;
 LACRALO &gt;&gt; representative in NOMCOM and assure everyone that Darmi
 >> Better in the activities to be developed within the Comitde
 Nominations &gt;&gt; ICANN.

 During reunin &gt;&gt; ICANN 51 in Los Angeles, the Comitde Nominations
 2015 &gt;&gt;
 >> Is reunipor first.

 This reunin &gt;&gt; joined New 5 members of the Committee;
 We are &gt;&gt;
 17 &gt;&gt; total (different Constituencies)

 Aslos &gt;&gt; as three presidents (chairs): Current President: Stephne Van
 Gelder &gt;&gt;; President elected by the Board: Ron Andruff and President
 Associated &gt;&gt; Cheryl Langdon-Orr

 Also &gt;&gt; we have the support of two staff members ICANN !!

 The work of this &gt;&gt; year, the Nominating Comitde 2015 consistiren
 >> Select:
 >>
 >> 3 members for the Board of Directors (BOARD) 3
 Years &gt;&gt;

 ALAC- &gt;&gt; 3 members for 2 years

 2 members &gt;&gt; GNSO for 2 years

 >> 1 ccNSO member for 3 years

 Especfico &gt;&gt; In case of need Sosun Director BOARD
 Coming &gt;&gt;
 Of Latinoamrica &amp; Caribbean &gt;&gt; since in the BOARD obligation also exists the
 Geographic diversity &gt;&gt; and now no one in our
 >> Region.

 For &gt;&gt; ALAC also need 1 member to our region
 For &gt;&gt;
 Len &gt;&gt; replace Felipe Sanchez in 2016.

 The &gt;&gt; other charges may also be occupied by members of our
 !! Region &gt;&gt;

 It is very important &gt;&gt; think that all potential candidates for
 Cover &gt;&gt;
 >> These positions within ICANN.If you know someone, please
 Enter &gt;&gt;
 Directly or &gt;&gt; contact with someone from Comitpara we can
 I invite &gt;&gt;
 Participate &gt;&gt; selection process.

 In December 2014 &gt;&gt; abrirel nominations period until the month of
 March 2015 &gt;&gt;; but only in August 2015 Selected to know.
 As &gt;&gt;
 Podrn observe &gt;&gt; working very anticipaciny coordination because
 To &gt;&gt;
 Great &gt;&gt; work ahead !!

 >> In a few weeks, get more information from podrn NOMCOM
 2015 &gt;&gt;
 Http://nomcom.icann.org &gt;&gt;

 Any comments or questions &gt;&gt; I'm at your disposal.

 Greetings &gt;&gt;

 Sylvia &gt;&gt;

 ___________________________________________________ &gt;&gt;

 Sylvia Leite Herlein &gt;&gt;

 >> <mailto:sylvia at internautabrasil.org> sylvia at internautabrasil.org

 ALAC &gt;&gt; LACRALO-Delegate to NomComm 2014-2015

 2009-2015 Secretary FLUI &gt;&gt;

 Ex &gt;&gt; - Secretary-LACRALO ICANN / 2012-2014

 ALAC &gt;&gt; former Member 2009-2011 - <http://atlarge.icann.org/>
 Http://atlarge.icann.org &gt;&gt;

 Skype &gt;&gt;: sylvia_leite

 Assinatura_Sylvia_Internautabrasil &gt;&gt;

 --- &gt;&gt;

 Http://www.lacralo.org &gt;&gt;