[lac-discuss-en] Topics for Webinars At Large Capacity Building WG

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:52:49 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Topics for Webinars At Large Capacity Building WG
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear Carlos,

 Thank you for your email.
 Between paragraphs shall I answer.

 On November 5, 2014, 10:58 am, Carlos Vera Quintana <cveraq at gmail.com>
 I wrote:

> Gracias Fátima: me parece que hay temas de base relacionados con Icann y
> sus múltiples temáticas (aquí más bien deberíamos contar con una lista de
> posibles áreas en las cuales los miembros del grupo tengan experticia

 so they can be grounds for a Webinar?
 Regarding having a list of possible areas in which
 group members have expertise, I mention that if you refer to the
 members of the Working Group on Capacity Creating At-Large, these
 members are not those that will provide the Webinar. The WG estdetectando
 first topics on which you would like capacitaciny then
 they will seek expert speakers members of the global community
 ICANN, including members of Staff.This function will capacitacin
 similar manner to which we have made with Natalia LACRALO
 our monthly calls. Therefore, in this case, it is irrelevant in
 qutemas are not experts or members of the WG.

> y otros temas relacionados como aquellos de propiedad intelectual,
> técnicos y legales necesarios para participar en Icann pero no
> necesariamente posibles de conocer desde la misma organización.

 more concrete than can be offered to travs of a Webinar. For example, in
 For IP, it may come down to Trademark Clearinghouse
 new gTLDs, which is a specific topic that can develop into a
 Webinar (which have a duration of 1 hour until 1.30 pm.).
 You can specify these specific issues to take them to the WG?

> Yo insistiría en una recopilación de acrónimos, abreviaturas y funciones
> de grupos e instancias dentro de Icann para consulta rápida permanente.

 consultation, both on the website of ICANN At-Large, and in many
 cases in multiple languages.

 -Glossary On the ICANN website (in different languages):
 https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/glossary-2014-02-03-en

 ALAC -Acronym Helper: Dev was created by and is a permanent list
 construction than any of us can keep improving, correcting,
 adding.I remember that Alexander made some additions and corrections to
 This list is going to improve. This is the link:
 https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Acronym+Helper

 -Several Guas Beginner (to participate in ICANN At-Large,
 etc.) in different languages. They are available on ICANN's website:
 https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/beginners-guides-2012-03-06-en

 -Groups ICANN: also available on the website of ICANN,
 with a graphic of its structure and a link to each of their communities and
 groups. This is the link:
 https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/groups-2012-02-06-en

 Regarding the acronyms and glossary are not issues which can
 providing a Webinar. These are lists that we have available each
 for permanent revision of us, until we internalize
 these acronyms and learn (if you want) or revise whenever
 need.

 These resources, in my case, and I shared earlier in this
 list, and I think it will be advisable to create (those who
 need) a shortcut or a bookmark to have these available
 permanently for consultation asevitamos repeat the same resources.

 The theme groups ICANN sYou can be used in a Webinar, you asque
 I'll take the WG Creation Capabilities At-Large.

 Thank you.

 Best regards,
 Fatima Cambronero