[lac-discuss-en] ??????? Q = iso-8859-1 Fwd = 3A_ = 5BLac-strategy-plan 5D_Bo = = = iso-8859-1 let q = EDn_regional_ICANN_y_videos_sobre_IANA ICANN _-_ _ = = iso-8859-1??? q? LAC_newsletter_and_videos_on_the_IANA_functions? =

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:11:03 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:??????? Q = iso-8859-1 Fwd = 3A_ = 5BLac-strategy-plan 5D_Bo = = = iso-8859-1 let q = EDn_regional_ICANN_y_videos_sobre_IANA ICANN _-_ _ = = iso-8859-1??? q? LAC_newsletter_and_videos_on_the_IANA_functions? =
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 FYI,

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 From: Alexandra Dans <alexandra.dans at icann.org>
 Date: December 23, 2014, 11:47 am
 Subject: [Lac-strategy-plan] Regional Bulletin and videos on IANA ICANN -
 ICANN LAC newsletter and videos on the IANA functions
 To: &quot;Lac-strategy-plan at icann.org&quot; <Lac-strategy-plan at icann.org> , &quot;
 lac-comms-plan at icann.org &quot; <lac-comms-plan at icann.org>

 Dear members of the community,

 We want to share with you our the 6th edition of the regional bulletin
 (See below this link: http://t.co/wiKnNw8MOY). If an estn not
 subscribed, you can do it at the same link (top button
 left)

 Also we invite you to view a video co-produced with LACNIC
 on the IANA functions. The same estdisponible in Spanish,
 Portuguese, inglsy francs (see links to Continuation)

 We appreciate your support in the dissemination of the different versions.

 Happy Holidays!

 ICANN Team for Latin America and the Caribbean.

 VIDEO

 Espaol: http://goo.gl/WLYUVV

 English: http://goo.gl/Hs4Nk1

 Portugus: http://goo.gl/B7hP28

 Francs: http://goo.gl/jkZIHw

 Dear community members,

 We want to share with you our regional 6th edition of the newsletter (see
 below and via this link: http://t.co/wiKnNw8MOY).If you are not receiving
 your copy, por favor subscribe online (top-left of the page).

 We Also want to share a video co-produced With LACNIC on the IANA
 functions. It is available in Spanish, Portuguese, Inglés and French (see
 links below).

 Thank you for helping us share the word!

 Happy Holidays!

 ICANN team for Latin America and the Caribbean.

 VIDEO

 Inglés: http://goo.gl/Hs4Nk1

 Spanish: http://goo.gl/WLYUVV

 Portuguese: http://goo.gl/B7hP28

 French: http://goo.gl/jkZIHw

 ------------------

 You can not view this email properly?
 Valo in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=3545c7db1b&e=ca808a3d14>
 .

 Send to a friend
<http://us3.forward-to-friend2.com/forward?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=3545c7db1b&e=ca808a3d14>
 | Unsubscribe from the list
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=7a448ec998&e=ca808a3d14&c=3545c7db1b>
 December 2014

 * Editorial by Gonzalo Navarro **

 It is with great pleasure that I invite you to read this sixth edition of our
 regional bulletin for Latin America and the Caribbean, which closes a year of
 several achievements for our community, particularly in advancing the
 implementacin of strategic Regional Plan.

 As a starting point, this same initiative to approach them bimonthly
 content in the languages \u200b\u200bof the region, plays a year and six numbers
 published. If we add the activities with the press
 Latin American and caribea, social media and the creation of
 diverse audiovisual content, among others, the draft
 Regional Strategy communications firm steps forward to.Another
 activity of this strategy has gained wide acceptance in the
 within our communities is the LAC-i-Roadshow, a series of workshops
 designed so that everyone can learn more about techniques issues
 related to the Domain Name System (DNS). This year,
 visited Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Brazil and Bolivia, totaling 250 ms
 Participants in this effort and getting wide coverage in the
 regional press.

 This number of bulletin is concentraren some news from ICANN
 as the opening round of grants for reunin 53 tendrlugar
 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the call for volunteers to participate
 Intercommunity the Working Group on Improving the
 ICANN Accountability and the call to occupy key positions
 ICANN leadership. Other regional developments and our Plan
 Strategic include a review of the LAC-i-Roadshow held in the first
 das December in Bolivia, launch educational videos on
 IANA in collaboration with LACNIC ascomo out all passes
 visited and activities during November and December.

 * I wish you a good reading and happy holidays! *

 Gonzalo Navarro * *
 Member of the Board of ICANN.

 (*) After the annual meeting of ICANN in Sel the October 30, 2009,
 Gonzalo was named to his first period of three years in the Directory
 ICANN. He has been reelected for a second term of three years after the
 ICANN annual reunin in Toronto on October 19, 2012. At thirty
 three years, Gonzalo was the youngest manager has been appointed to
 ICANN Board. However, Gonzalo has already served more than six years
 in the Government ComitAsesor (GAC), in representation of Chile,
 significant experience in international trade negotiations
 and also Internet governance.

 * Inglés version will be available soon here | A verse em Portugus vai
 disponvel be here | Version française bientt available here:
 http://goo.gl/T9dE2I
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=28fd9b103d&e=ca808a3d14> *
 News from ICANN

 * ICANN 53 seren Buenos Aires, Argentina! Open the presentation round
 Request for Program Grants corresponding to ICANN reunin
 53 *

 Through its Fellowship Program, ICANN seeks to convene participants
 developing countries who are interested in stable and safe operation
 tronic system Internet identifiers. Program Goals
 Scholarships are helping to create a more broad base of stakeholders informed
 participate in the process of multiple stakeholders and ICANN
 encourage the participation of new voices from around the world. How
 apply? Read here: http://goo.gl/2gOfpV
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=2a4b56abf0&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Call for volunteers to participate in the Working Group
 Intercommunity on Improving Accountability of ICANN (CCWG
 Liability) *

 Intercommunity Working Group (CCWG) was created to present
 proposals to improve accountability of ICANN to all
 stakeholders.The organizations that gave rise to CCWG estn
 carrying out a call for volunteers who wish to join this
 initiative. How to participate? Read here: http://goo.gl/7RAZ9F
<http://icann.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=eae38e579f&e=ca808a3d14>

 * ICANN welcomes the conclusions of the Council of the EU
 Internet governance *

 In the conclusions, stresses that &quot;it is expected that the governance of
 Internet involving all stakeholders, &quot;along with&quot; the importance
 to strengthen the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) &quot;, while that
 endorse the principles adopted by the global community of multiple parts
 interested in NETmundial. Read the full announcement here:
 http://goo.gl/tL3Xj0
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=eea6d9b01a&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Apply for a key leadership role in ICANN! *

 The Comitde Nominations (NomCom) invites interested persons to
 submit applications and / or recommend candidates for key positions
 ICANN leadership.The limit is the date of receipt March 15, 2015.
 Quposiciones are available? Then enter here: http://goo.gl/STHMea
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=a339fb66df&e=ca808a3d14>

 * ICANN Announces implementacin of modified rules for Policy How
 Resolution of Uniform Domain Name Dispute (UDRP). *

 The UDRP is a consensus policy applicable to all registrars
 accredited by ICANN. Updates include several measures.
 Then enter the cules are here: http://goo.gl/yg2Kl4
<http://icann.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=7ae6890cad&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Fadi Chehadahora has its own space on the ICANN website *

 The Rincn the President (&quot;* President's Corner *&quot;) is a space that rene
 several resources Fadi notes in the blog, its activity on Twitter,
 activities with the press and videos. You can access it here:
 https://www.icann.org/presidents-corner
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=c363b8d42d&e=ca808a3d14>

 His most recent blog post titled &quot;Monitoring the health of the
 organization &quot;.

 Read the article here: http://goo.gl/kgGa59
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=494cd13545&e=ca808a3d14>

 * New development policies *

 Since our last bulletin, have posted new updates
 development policies of ICANN. We invite you to read the recent ms
 development activities of ICANN policies in the &quot;ICANN Policy Update&quot;
 ms following the links below: http://goo.gl/5EtLbv
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=5a31d1a777&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Participate in Defense of Inters Audience *

 The New gTLD Program has contributed to increased operators
 registration.In order to ensure that ICANN remains at the forefront of
 disputes domain name is estampliando the Standing Panel
 Procedure Dispute resolution of Inters Commitments
 Public (PICDRP), designed to serve the interests of the community
 Internet. As a report emerged claiming that a record has violated its
 commitment (s) of interspblico, the Standing Panel PICDRP can be
 convened to discuss such report and, if necessary, to recommend
 solutions to ICANN. Therefore, all members of the Standing Panel
 must be impartial and independent.

 If you estinteresado in becoming a member of the Panel and
 desempearse to serve the Internet community, apply
 today. Those parties who have experience in the resolution of
 disputes internationally, ascomo a solid technical knowledge of
 Internet and Domain Name System, are highly desired.
 Get more information about how to become a member of the Panel
 Standing by downloading the Call for Expressions of
 Inters
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=848dfff9ce&e=ca808a3d14>
 [PDF, 110 KB] to serve on the Standing Panel PICDRP
 News of the strategic plan of LAC

 * The LAC-i-Roadshow Andina edition took place on December 4 in Bolivia *

 We closed the year with the Andean edition of this project framed
 within the strategic Regional Plan of Latin America and the Caribbean. This
 tour of Latin America and the Caribbean is a series of workshops
 designed to raise awareness on emerging issues
 techniques and policies that estn shaping the future of Name System
 Domain (or DNS for its acronym in English).

 Fifty-five people from government, service providers
 Internet, civil society and community technique, approached the Casa
 Great in La Paz to learn more about issues such as program
 new generic top-level domains (gTLDs), governance
 Internet ascomo the Bolivian case in various topics such as IPv6 and government
 electronic.

 Access the journalistic coverage of the event, in section &quot;Featured
 means &quot;ms below.

 * Webinar to attract new fellows from Brazil to ICANN events *

 This conference telephone exchange permitiexplicar in quconsisten events
 ICANN, how to apply for the fellowship program and cules are activities
 the strategic Regional Plan which everyone can participate. The same
 was led by Daniel Fink, CEO of ICANN Relationship
 Brazil, with the participation of several fellows ICANN events.

 These telefnicas conference prior to the events already established
 as a current practice within the work of the regional team,
 enfocndose in different thematic. Estatento calls to prximas
 before ICANN 52 tendrlugar in Singapore in the month of February 2015.

 * LACNIC and ICANN launched educational video about the IANA functions and
 * transition process

 With the purpose of explaining the functions in a manner IANA
 Simple and introduce the topic of transition for those not an
 estn familiar with this process, LACNIC and ICANN released a video
 education with versions in Spanish, English, Portuguese Course francsy. Through
 synergies between the two organizations, LACNIC and ICANN podrn zoom in and
 explain this complex temtica to the Internet community of America
 America and the Caribbean. Access to the videos here: http://goo.gl/0xN1pV
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=c5fccd260a&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Contina the implementacin of other projects of strategic plan
 regional *

 Our regional team continues to work closely with the community,
 particularly in the following projects:

 1. &quot;To support a study to develop a vision of business
 registration pursuant to each of the needs of ccTLDs. &quot;The group
 Project work has drafted the basic document and are now
 finalizing the Terms of Reference for the contratacin consultant.

 2. &quot;Funding pasantas for staff to learn about ccTLDs
 the best practices of other ccTLDs. &quot;The working group estavanzando
 in the identification of issues and modalities pasanta

 3. &quot;Include a curriculum that supports the ccTLDs in
 e-learning platform for capacity development. &quot;The community
 esttrabajando on the basis of the draft document.

 4. &quot;Creating an observatory dedicated to monitor incidents
 DNS security and stability in the region. &quot;The working group presenttbNL&gt; Project base document, establishing objectives and metrics
 Bern that collect necessary.

 5. &quot;Create a mechanism to maintain an inventory of parts
 interested in the region participating in activities and acadmicas
 capacity development with focus on ICANN and Governance
 Internet, in order to benefit from their experience and included in the
 active participation in the diffusion and development efforts
 capabilities in the region. &quot;base document is estelaborando
 project.

 6. &quot;Deepening participation in regional fora and
 international (CITEL, eLAC, LACIGF) in coordination with other
 regional organizations related to Internet &quot;. The working group
 empeza work on the basis of the draft document.

 7. &quot;Create a working group to assist the Manager
 Stakeholder participation of the Caribbean in order to achieve a
 greater commitment from countries and Caribbean islands pequeas in
 ICANN structure. &quot;The working group has already been formed, is
 composed of 9 members of the community caribea various sectors, and
 working on the objectives and scope of the group.
 News from the region

 * ICANN and the role of ISPs in the Internet Ecosystem *

 The event took place on November 25 in the Dominican Republic and was
 organized with support from the regulator said pas, INDOTEL. More than 40
 people participated in the activity tena objective is to
 promote the entry and participation of service providers
 Internet in the Dominican ISPCP ICANN (group Providers
 Internet service providers and connectivity). To this occasion,
 Anthony Harris (Argentina) group of ComitEjecutivo ISPCP participtbNL&gt; of this important initiative. We thank Wanda Prez (consultant
 ICT, Dominican Republic) for all his work that permitique this
 activity was successful.

 Read the related blog post here &gt;&gt; http://goo.gl/M4Rn8J
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=409247af56&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Creation of capacities in Security, Stability and Resilience *

 From 18 to 20 November in Bogota, Colombia, the Organization of the
 American States (OAS) by the Foundation organized a ICT4Peace
 workshop entitled &quot;Safety and international diplomacy in cyberspace&quot;.
 ICANN Carlos Alvarez and Gonzalo Romero .CO participated in this
 important activity Accompanied by Belisario Contreras Officer
 Cybersecurity project OAS. Read the blog post by Carlos
 Alvarez here &gt;&gt; http://goo.gl/vVVjus
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=6bc9bd15f4&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Seven countries and 17 activities *

 During November and December, our regional team had
 several opportunities to work with the community of Latin America and
 the Caribbean. We visited seven countries represented on the map and
 participated in seventeen different activities we show
 Continuation.

 Reunin preparation for the V Ministerial Conference on Society
 the information in Latin America and the Caribbean, 5-7 November, Costa Rica

 LACTLD Legal Workshop, 6-7 November, Aruba

 InternetSul, November 14, Brazil

 Regulatel Plenary Assembly, November 16-18, Puerto Rico

 * Commonwealth Telecommunications Organizations (CTO) Cybersecurity * 17
 November, Barbados

 * Geneva Conference Internet - Internet Governance at a Crossroads *, 18-19
 November, Barbados (Remote Hub)

 Telecon 7th, November 20-21, Brazil

 * Infrastructure IV Semana da da Internet no Brasil *, November 23, Brazil

 * PTT 8- Frum two autonomous systems Encontro da Internet no Brasil * 24-25
 November, Brazil

 IPv6 Brazil, November 26, Brazil

 Proteus V Seminrio Privacy Notice and Dice years Pessoais 26
 November, Brazil

 GTER 38 / GTS 24, November 27-28, Brazil

 ISOC INET Sao Paulo, November 28, Brazil

 * 20th ITS (International Telecommunications Society) Biennial Conference *
 December 1-3, Brazil

 * ICT &amp; Parliamentarians * (caribeos Commonwealth Parliamentarians), 2-3
 December, Trinidad and Tobago

 LAC-i-Roadshow, Regin Andina, December 4, Bolivia

 Brasiliea Association Seminar ICT Law, December 9,
 Brazil
 Media Highlights

 (Portugus) Interview Rodrigo de la Parra, regional vice president
 ICANN gTLDs Os Novos mobilizam to comunidade - Abranet |
 http://goo.gl/VdtHNe
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=3e0c1fe70c&e=ca808a3d14>

 (Portugus) Interview with Daniel Fink, Managing Stakeholder
 ICANN in Brazil on LAC-i-Roadshow in Sao Paulo, Brazil |scoopit
 http://sco.lt/8ALdHV
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=b62cb9a120&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Coverage of the participation of Fadi Chehaden the 25 years of the WWW (in
 espaol) *

 Promising for future web - Printed edition - ABC Color |
 scoopit http://sco.lt/6jKcFd
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=9ffa348385&e=ca808a3d14>

 The good and the bad in 25 years of the birth of the Web |scoopit
 http://sco.lt/8JSeWX
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=3539a5a033&e=ca808a3d14>

 Promises and threats to the web in its 25 years |scoopit
 http://sco.lt/62KmYL
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=e21dd75754&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Coverage LAC-i-Roadshow in Bolivia (in Spanish) *

 Icann promotes dialogue on internet |scoopit
 http://sco.lt/5ENVJp
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=c8161ce9da&e=ca808a3d14>

 ICANN actualizarsobre the administration of domains - Journal
 Seven page |scoopit http://sco.lt/6fSrrt
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=09a9e3a5f6&e=ca808a3d14>

 ICANN puts focus on the Andean region to publicize the
 Internet News | enteres ... |scoopit http://sco.lt/5mvjhR
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=c006b58181&e=ca808a3d14>

 IN BOLIVIA, INTERNET PROTOCOL TO MIGRATE TO IPV6 |scoopit
 http://sco.lt/7Tv9ZB
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=7075db43bd&e=ca808a3d14>

 Sharing experiences on security CBER La Paz | Blogs
 Weather |scoopit http://sco.lt/9JBzwP
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=3de9826d56&e=ca808a3d14>

 * Notes published in other regional bulletins (in Spanish) *

 AHCIET: &quot;An open invitation to participate in our meetings&quot;
 goo.gl/eqigEI
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=0a3b67dfba&e=ca808a3d14>
 by Alex Dans, Director of Communications for ICANN to LAC.

 LACNIC: &quot;IANA and the process of transition: launching our videos
 region &quot;http://goo.gl/yvAM1v
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=d18068a8ad&e=ca808a3d14>
 by Alex Dans, Director of Communications for ICANN to LAC.

 * Notes by Carlos Alvarez staff (security, stability and
 resilience ICANN) *

 Internet Manners (validation of source IP addresses)
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/11/12/buenos-modales-en-internet/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=f856f41120&e=ca808a3d14>

 ICANN in its Reunin International # 51 in Los Angeles
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/10/13/icann-en-su-reunion-internacional-51-en-los-angeles/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=b0b1fff52f&e=ca808a3d14>

 For. Think. Activated. Concientizacin in CBER security
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/09/19/parapiensaconectate/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=4c5827beb3&e=ca808a3d14>

 Stop. Think. Connect. Cyber \u200b\u200bSecurity Awareness in Latin America.

 https://www.icann.org/news/blog/stop-think-connect-cyber-security-awareness-in-latin-america
<http://icann.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=94d91d5d44&e=ca808a3d14>

 Your name estseguro domain?
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/09/05/su-nombre-de-dominio-esta-seguro/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=ec577be464&e=ca808a3d14>

 Domain names suspended 800,000?
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/08/06/dominiossuspendidos/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=8484cfbb16&e=ca808a3d14>

 CBER security: collaboration between cops and private
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/07/24/ciberseguridadcolaboracion/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=9cc7d27ce1&e=ca808a3d14>

 Malware controlled from Medelln
 http://blogs.eltiempo.com/el-lado-oscuro-de-internet/2014/06/20/malware-controlado-desde-medellin
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=e02e5d8f07&e=ca808a3d14>
 /
 Next few events

 * * CANTO 31st Meeting, January 25-27, Surinam

 * * CTU 25th Anniversary Celebrations, 2-6 February, Trinidad &amp; Tobago

 In this event we invite you again to our LAC Area A
 Framed activity in our strategic Regional Plan, ascomo to follow
 Remote participation Hub caribeo on 12 February. Share
 more information soon.

 http://singapore52.icann.org/en/
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=b26cbbcbc8&e=ca808a3d14>
 Relations Center for Latin America and the Caribbean

 * House Internet - Montevideo, Uruguay *

 Twitter:ICANN
<http://icann.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=7fd13d87db&e=ca808a3d14>
 ICANN_es
<http://icann.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=818d573897ed5ea25ee71ebc1&id=aab0e8d285&e=ca808a3d14>