[lac-discuss-en] About the Charter of CCWG-Accountability // About the CCWG-Accountability Charter

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía at mm.icann.org León Felipe Sánchez Ambía at mm.icann.org
Fri Dec 12 19:55:10 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: About the Charter of CCWG-Accountability // About the CCWG-Accountability Charter
 From: =?utf-8?Q?Le=C3=B3n_Felipe_S=C3=A1nchez_Amb=C3=ADa?=

 Inglés below

 Dear members of LACRALO,

 Regarding the comments made by Alejandro Pisanty and Vanda Scartezini you suggesting the inclusion in the Charter of CCWG-Accountability, to guide the group criteria, ensure budgetary efficiency and avoid creating higher expenses to ICANN as a result of the mechanisms that are designed by this working group, we commented that time was not possible to include this suggestion directly in the Charter. The comments came when other SO / ACs were already in the process of adopting the Charter proposed by the drafting group of the initial Charter and the adoption of some coincided with the formulation of the comments received.

 In this sense, discussed in ALAC concerns raised from LACRALO (and shared by other regions) and concluded, at the suggestion of Fatima, to establish such criteria as one of the principles under which the members appointed to represent ALAC within the CCWG-Accountability, shall perform the duties and carry the representation of the At-Large and ALAC.

 We appreciate the comments made to guide better work ALAC representatives in the CCWG-Accountability and continue attentive to hear your comments and suggestions on other topics that occupy our agenda.

 Regards,

 Fatima, Vanda and Leon

 Dear LACRALO members,

 With regards to the comments made by Alejandro Pisanty and Vanda Scartezini suggesting the inclusion in the CCWG-Accountability Charter, as a guideline for That group, the principle of budget efficiency and Avoid creating Further budget Pressures in ICANN as a consequence of the accountability-mechanisms designed designed by the CCWG-Accountability, we would like to share with you unfortunately Those That Were not reliable comments to be included in the Charter as They Came in at the same time That the Proposed Charter was approved by other Already Being SO / ACs.

 THEREFORE, the ALAC Discussed the Concern raised by LACRALO (and shared by other regions as well) and, as a suggestion from Fatima, DECIDED to Establish Said guideline as one of the principles under ALAC Representatives Which will Have Their duty to perform and carry At -Large's and ALAC's representation.

 We thank you for your comments That help us guide our work in ways to better Represent the ALAC in the CCWG-Accountability and we continue to be open to comments not only in this subject But Also Those That fill our day to day agenda.

 Best regards,

 Fatima, Vanda and León