[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: New Public Comment: Proposed Bylaws Changes Regarding Consideration of GAC Advice

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 01:46:34 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Fwd: New Public Comment: Proposed Bylaws Changes Regarding Consideration of GAC Advice
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear / os,

 This topic has just been opened to comments ALAC.

 Please, if you will interest and comment from LACRALO
 representatives who we ask LACRALO to vote for ALAC
 certain way, take the opportunity to do so when the comment period
 estabierto and has not been sent to Voting in ALAC. Otherwise
 becomes very difficult to fulfill the mandate of the region.

 This theme, very briefly (you can read the attachments) implies
 one modification of the ICANN Bylaws in relacina suggested by the
 ATRT1.

 Currently for the ICANN Board is a separate recommendation
 by the GAC that decision should be taken by a simple majority
 (50% + 1), in addition to explain to Qulo esthaciendo.

 The proposed modification involves approved the same, now
 Board will have to make the decision to depart from a recommendation of
 GAC with a qualified majority (two thirds of the votes of its members).

 In my personal reading, this decision involves giving more weight to
 recommendations that the GAC will make to the Board of ICANN, because for
 to deviate from these recommendations deberconcurrir the vote of a
 greater number of board members.

 Quopina LACRALO? Must approve the modification (2/3 vote of
 Board members to deviate from recommendations GAC) or should
 remain to date (50% +1 of the votes of its members)?Qu
 policies may have implications this decisiny quafectaciones
 may lead to Internet users, specifically in our
 region?

 Thank you very much.

 Best Regards,

 Fatima Cambronero