[lac-discuss-en] ??? = Iso-8859-1 == q 3A_Recom Solicitud_de_comentarios = iso-8859-1 q = endaciones_Grupo_de_Trabajo_Regiones_Geogr E1ficas =?

aidanoblia at gmail.com aidanoblia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 12:51:04 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:??? = Iso-8859-1 == q 3A_Recom Solicitud_de_comentarios = iso-8859-1 q = endaciones_Grupo_de_Trabajo_Regiones_Geogr E1ficas =?
 From: aidanoblia at gmail.com

 Dear Ftima:

 I agree with that Alberto is a complex issue. The division into regions
 geogrficas although not intended to affect sovereign touch closely the
 point, which of course does not apply to or affect ICANN resolve, nor
 intended, according to expressed in the same document.

 I think that should prevail in this cul point is the purpose of ICANN, its
 need to provide stability, security and confidence to users
 Internet in all aspects concerning the structure and TECHNOLOGICAL
 ecosystem in general.

 Given this priority and respect for freedom of users
 Internet, I agree that the changes can I request
 most every five years as a minimum term and not three, in all
 change in the region must be seen in light of these needs
 essential ecosystem above and should not affect the
 stability.

 So in my humble concept clear methodology should be established and
 required for the changes, as mentioned in a document part that
 considered the statement by ALAC and also take into account the
 particularities of each case and the consequences this may have
 to the core values \u200b\u200bof the aforementioned network.

 Ie: While the criteria arising from the document is to respect the
 freedom of choice of Internet users who wanted to form a
 region such as is requested by the Arab countries, or who would
 they move to integrate other region, are not the same consequences that could
 have on the ecosystem for other countries or with respect to some
 those changes are mentioned to integrate their "motherland" or other
 regions as it can generate different views affect
 negatively in the functioning of ICANN.

 Is also taken into account that these are references to "regions
 * Geogrficas * ", so remove them by reason of geography is partly
 denature the concept, this without prejudice to the other elements as
 linguistics, cultures, etc. and dems that are mentioned in the document are
 cohesin elements to consider.

 This will take into account other elements such as operational issues and
 budgets that generate these changes.

 I understand the situation change at the request of users
 ms may occur either as situation of exception. , Extended frequency
 five years instead of three as is the proposal seems a minimum
 reasonable.

 In synthesis: tell that given the priorities mentioned, it will be necessary
 study each case and take these situations as exceptional
 and take into account how much stability and confidence in the affected
 qurepercusiones ecosystem and may have that in the set.

 Greetings to all

 The criterion used by ICANN of the division into five zones can
 be arbitrary. But in a system that seeks stability and
 security, based on a technological structure to function is based
 in a computer network to add a change in geographic regions in this
 it does not seem quite right, that right now deberenfrentar large
 changes from IPv4 to IPv6, which in difficulties in sllegan
 operation.

 him.

 The December 28, 2013, 22:26 Alberto Soto