[lac-discuss-en] CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST for the Board Director Selected by At-Large now open through 26 December 2013

José Francisco Arce josefranciscoarce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:39:38 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I read the document and have some questions:

1) Regarding the first paragraph: “*…member must be able to reflect the
users' point of view and interests in the debate and decision making
undertaken within the ICANN framework”.*
The last two times LACRALO talked about this issue, and the last was in
Buenos Aires meeting, with Fatima´s question to Sébastien Bachollet, the
answer was the same: Once the candidate is elect, is a Board member without
identifying a group, and does not have to explain to the community that
vote for him/her, but the entire community at large.
Even more the text included mentioned the requirement of background in
Internet users' interests. Should this be a specific requirement? Or Should
be only global requirements? And it seems there is a contradiction with the
part: *What does an ICANN Board Director do? “ Serve as individuals who
have the duty to act in what they reasonably believe are the best interests
of ICANN and not as representatives of the entity that selected them, their
employers or any other organizations or constituencies;”*
If this is my confusion, requested the appropriate apologies.

2) I know it is controversial subject, but the third paragraph defined what
is “At-large”, and I want to know if there is consensus about this.

I´ll appreciate a clarification

Kind regards

José Arce

2013/11/26 ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>

> Dear All,
>
> On behalf of Roberto Gaetano, Chair of the Board Candidate Evaluation
> Committee (BCEC), please find attached the Call for Expressions of Interest
> for the Board Director selected by At-Large (in English, French and
> Spanish).
>
> The document contains the link for the online application.
>
> Applications will be accepted between 26 November and 26 December 2013 at
> 23:59 UTC.
>
> The Board Director occupying Seat 15 will join the ICANN Board at the
> conclusion of 2014 ICANN Annual General Meeting, in October 2014.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
> Peregrine and Julia Charvolen ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
> E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:
> staff at atlarge.icann.org%3cmailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>>

Arce, José F.
http://lnkd.in/bPdTThz