[lac-discuss-en] FW: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Proposed Bylaws Changes Regarding the Technical Liaison Group

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 23:51:11 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: FW: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Proposed Bylaws Changes Regarding the Technical Liaison Group
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Fatima,

 my appreciation for taking this initiative which is almost literally
 your first dahbil as representative LACRALO to ALAC. Good seal;
 ojalcomo community know do something constructive in this way.

 About your question as to the importance of the modification on the
 Technician Liaison Group (TLG), I think Alberto Soto la capttbNL> perfectly. The proposed change implies that the primary contact (or vote
 not) and not estaren discussions from the beginning. Serel the Board
 you decide whether you need asesoratcnica. And I think many of us
 know that for the time you realize you have a problem, you can
 be too late, or let an opportunity cost of not having started
 work together with the technical knowledge necessary.

 Again this not only refers to cases where the technician you could link
 having said that you were proposing something wrong or unworkable, but the
 revs, your proposal was too timid and not take advantage of all the
 potential of the technology.

 Is this what you propose that we avoid.

 As the liaison vote or not vote: in the Board generally
 is needed is a broad consensus informed and in which the Voting from
 then is important but if estmuy divided further exploring space
 of possible agreements. The technician helps a lot to this link on the issues
 to touch.

 Attention. Case estexento no problems. TLG estformado between
 others, by the ITU and ETSI, which are not always related to issues of
 Internet, depending on the person and can make contributions
 Constructive or not. But this is something that requires creativity to
 solve and not, as I said before, throw the child with the bath water.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 Fatima Cambronero 2013/11/24 <fatimacambronero at gmail.com>

> Alejandro, todos,
>

> Gracias por llamarnos la atención sobre este tema.
>

> Adherimos a la idea de contar con una discusión y un pronunciamiento de
> LACRALO sobre este asunto. Estamos trabajando con Dev y León, analizando
> los documentos y haciendo las consultas necesarias para poder presentar un
> borrador de declaración ante LACRALO sobre este asunto. Luego si logramos
> consenso en LACRALO, lo presentaríamos como declaración ante ALAC.
>

> Alejandro, ¿podrías ayudarnos a entender por qué tú dices que “Estas
> modificaciones remueven a la persona de enlace del TLG de las decisiones
> del Board “ cuando esta persona de enlace es una persona non-voting? Esto
> podría ayudarnos a elaborar una mejor posición sobre el tema.
>

> Estos son los documentos que se deberían revisar para entender mejor este
> asunto:
>

> -La Wiki de At-Large donde se encuentran los borradores y comentarios
> presentados sobre este tema: http://bit.ly/1bgvfid
>

> -El reporte final del Grupo de Trabajo de la Junta sobre Relaciones
> Técnicas (traducción propia, nombre en inglés Final Report from the Board
> Technical Relations Working Group): http://bit.ly/1bgvtpu
>

> -El borrador de las modificaciones propuestas a los Estatutos de ICANN en
> las secciones correspondientes: http://bit.ly/1bgvwkY
>

> Agradecemos todos los comentarios que nos puedan hacer llegar o las
> propuestas de declaración que quieran presentar.
>

> Saludos cordiales,
>
> Fatima
>

> 2013/11/24 Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org>
>
> > Si bien mi inglés es malo, coincido con Alejandro. Parecería que en lugar
> > de
> > una acción directa del Grupo de enlace técnico (TLG), habrá una
> "respuesta
> > una solicitud de información...". Es decir, que si no hay una solicitud
> de
> > información, no habrá información. Y no parecería correcto una acción
> > preventiva a una acción correctiva on demand.
> >
> > Por favor, lean y opinen.
> >
> > Saludos cordiales
> >
> > Alberto Soto

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty