[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Fwd = 3A_ccNSO_miembros_en_las_list? == Iso-8859-1? Q? As_de_los_pa = EDses!? =

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 03:44:45 UTC 2013

Dear Alejandro,

With regards to browser makers, there is the Public Suffix List at
http://publicsuffix.org/ . Started by Mozilla, it is used by Mozilla,
Google and Opera. I don't think it is used by Microsoft's Internet
Explorer or Apple's Safari. PSL volunteer and TLD consultant Jothan
Frakes has said that new gTLDs are set to be added to the Public
Suffix List within a month of signing an ICANN registry agreement.
http://domainincite.com/14378-public-suffix-list-to-get-monthly-new-gtld-updates.

Jothan did a presentation at the ICANN Singapore 2011 meeting "IDN
Practical Experiences" talking about the PSL :
http://singapore41.icann.org/node/24593 and the Mozilla IDN Whitelist
project
https://wiki.mozilla.org/IDN_Display_Algorithm

ICANN also has a TLD acceptance resource
http://www.icann.org/en/resources/tld-acceptance which was publicised
at the ICANN Prague meeting in 2012

Now with regards to the issue that Curacao faces, is that hardcoded
country selection forms on websites haven't been updated to reflect
the changes to the ISO 3166 Country codes
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards/country_codes.htm.

Many of the third party implementations are out of date.
http://baymard.com/labs/country-selector and
http://www.freeformatter.com/iso-country-list-html-select.html seems
to use the most up to date country lists from the ISO

Interesting issue. Its not an ICANN issue as such as ICANN itself
follows the ISO re: country codes.

Dev Anand