[lac-discuss-en] . Cba and collisions of domain names

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Mon Aug 26 03:14:04 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:. Cba and collisions of domain names
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Colleagues,

 in http://domainincite.com/14281-bank-takes-blame-for-gtld-name-collision encontrarn a magnificent example of name collisions TLD (gTLD) that relates Interisle report to which I referred in recent das.

 They draw attention some facts:

 1. the case is an example of collisions with names used only internally by an organization, which now can be confused with an external name and expose the network and users

 Two. the institution responsible for the collisions is a bank gTLD solicitun

 Three. collisions considerlas the bank to make a gTLD application to its name

 April. the bank is the Central Bank of Australia and the requested name is. CBA.

 I hope that this simple and sensitive example increase the interest in the subject at an angle that is treatable for our community.

 Regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org