[lac-discuss-en] FW: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Community Priority Evaluation (CPE) Guidelines Update

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Thu Aug 22 17:13:19 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: FW: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Community Priority Evaluation (CPE) Guidelines Update
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Colleagues,

 Annex a request for comments from ALAC that merits response and I think estal scope LACRALO community review and comment. It is the evaluation of "communities" around new gTLDs and has a maturity date of August 29 at midnight (one minute before, in UTC).

 This issue is of great relevance for the Evaluation and aceptacino possible rejection of proposals for new domain names for some of hese are presented on behalf of a particular community (may be the case of some of the proposals. Gay could well occur in our region with names like. maya, or the same. Patagonia or. amazon in a new version).

 In the history of gTLDs are especially a gTLD Community Pascon success but not without controversy. Cat tocevaluar me and vote for to represent a community of language and culture extended more allde geogrficas borders, and a gTLD controversial and complicated. xxx, for which they make decisions about whether represented a well-defined community and was previously established or not one of the most complex. Surely it presentarn extreme cases like these two and all points in between in the coming months and years.

 The document submitted to consideracin is a table of criteria to evaluate the accuracy, pre-existence and representation of communities behind proposed gTLDs now, and thus determine its legtimo or better right to be granted them gTLDs. Msan in gTLDs competitor (several applicants for the same "string" of characters) these criteria may lead to the selection between contestants.

 The document was prepared by the Economist Intelligence Unit, associated with The Economist magazine and I think a serious document.The main risk I see if one adopts this document is that disaggregating force tabular criteria and qualifications in each of them, can lead to losing sight of the forest for the trees and in the end spend aspermitir applications really they should not.

 Compartircon gladly informaciny criteria you mentioned experiences where I had the opportunity to act as a member of the Board of ICANN.

 My proposal, which is a motion formally, is to issue a comment Community reads:

 "LACRALO supports the adoption of the document by the Economist Intelligence Unit on the Community Priority Evaluation (CPE) in general. Additionally, LACRALO underlines the need for the evaluation of communities is comprehensive to ensure the legitimacy of the applicants and long-term sustainability of the proposals, without the flexibility demrito for evolucina over the years.'s background community gTLDs previous rounds must be consulted and motivate extreme precaution in the analysis. "

 Request to the Chair and / or secrete to submit this text to regulatory processes, whether ordinary or extraordinary calendar aslo requires ICANN ALAC and to be able to issue if this affirmation term pursuant winged.

 Also apply to representatives of LACRALO ALAC ALAC accept and fulfill the assertion that results from this process of consensus or ballot.

 Best regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org