[lac-discuss-en] Topics open for comment ICANN At-Large

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:42:40 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Topics open for comment ICANN At-Large
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear,

 I am writing to share with you the issues currently
 are open to comment both on the Comments
 ICANN pblicos (http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment) as
 within At-Large dedicated to developing policies (
 https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page
 ).

 In previous weeks have been sent to the list of topics LACRALO
 were open to comments to decide whether it was appropriate LACRALO
 make a name declaracina our THIN or not. Among them, the new
 whois, domains without point geogrficos names, among others.

 Also have personally requested the opening of an own Wiki
 Reuniramos alltodos LACRALO for comments related to
 policies (policies), which will allow us to find msfcilmente
 these issues and comments.This is the Wiki Staff Silvia Vivanco has
 created (thanks Silvia)
 https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+Policy+Issues
 Regrettably
 Wiki cow that still continues.

 On the subject of new whois (New Model for the next scheduled Generacin of
 Directory Services gTLDs) I created a wiki where I LACRALO
 compiled all existing material and comments we had about
 the subject in the list of LACRALO. Wiki can find that here:
 https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41899285

 The deadline for receiving comments EWG extendihasta 6
 September, therefore we are still in time to achieve a
 LACRALO own declaration, with all the comments that have already been
 members.

 It is understandable that not all have interest in the same issues or we
 find trained to discuss certain topics.However,
 LACRALO considering ALS have an average 42 two
 delegates per organization, we have a significant number of members, including
 We could find them interested in working in certain subject
 subject to review, produce a draft declaration and submit it to
 Discussion of all LACRALO.

 These are substantive issues that MUST, in my humble opinion
 view, motivate us to do a bit of effort to get sb
 result on behalf of our THIN.

 Below I am copying the list of topics to comment within
 ICANN At-Large.

 I want to invite you to review and analyze the if we can form groups
 to deal with some of these issues. We need not
 rule on all these matters.

 We could be creating two or three small groups, formed by two or three
 people / ALS statements that might lead some of these issues?
 Quopinan?

 Best regards,

 Fatima

 * Tracks open to public comment in ICANN *

 Locking of a **-Subject to UDRP Domain Name Policy Development Proceedings
 Process (PDP) Recommendations for Board
 Consideration <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/locking-domain-name-recommendations-02aug13-en.htm>

 Closing date for comments: 23 August

  -Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision
 Risks <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/name-collision-05aug13-en.htm>

 Closing date for comments: 27 August

  -Rights Protection Mechanism (RPM)
 Requirements <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/rpm-requirements-06aug13-en.htm>

 Closing date for comments: 27 August

  Structures-GNSO Charter Amendment
 Process <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/structures-charter-22jun13-en.htm>

 Closing date for comments: 28 August

  -Explore the Next Generation gTLD Draft Directory
 Services <http://www.icann.org/en/groups/other/gtld-directory-services/share-24jun13-en.htm>

 Closing date for comments: Extended to September 6th

 * Open Statements within At-Large *

 - * At-Large Proposal to Mitigate Risks * Name Collision

 *
 https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Proposal+to+Mitigate+Name+Collision+Risks+Workspace
 *

 Date close comments: August 27

 - * Explore the At-Large gTLD Draft Next Generation Directory Services Model *

 https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Explore+the+Draft+Next+Generation+gTLD+Directory+Services+Model+Workspace

 No closing date for comments because the status which
 currently this topic is needed to confirm whether or not
 declaration.

 -
 * Fatima Cambronero *
 Attorney-Argentina

 Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
 Twitter: @ facambronero
 Skype: fatima.cambronero

 * Join the LACRALO / ICANN discussions: *
 https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

 * Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions: *
 http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

 * Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): * http://www.internetsociety.org/

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/8b50665a95.html