[lac-discuss-en] Moving on substantive issues, " new whois"

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 06:45:54 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Moving on substantive issues, "new whois"
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Alexander, all,

 In the last call solicitque LACRALO Wikis are open so as
 tuviramos policies substantive issues open to discussion in our
 region. Because it still has not been done, I've taken the trouble to
 create a Wiki topic New Model for the next scheduled Generacin of
 Directory Services ** (new whois).

 Wiki Podrn find that this link: http://bit.ly/15mkWGa

 Allhe compiled existing material (mostly in Spanish for
 readability and contributions of members speaking LACRALO
 Hispanic) on this subject: documents, audios, presentations, reports and
 EWG reports, webinar, a summary of the initial report of the EWG (what
 be found in the accompanying http://bit.ly/13RpSfX).

 Primarily I have compiled comments LACRALO members
 have had in the lists on this matter. Podrn Allmismo incorporate
 comments the others who are interested in pursuing
 contributing to this issue.

 The deadline of the EWG estarrecibiendo comments on your report
 is starting August 12. Therefore, we are still in time to
 achieve a consensus document and send it as LACRALO Comment
 our behalf.

 Also as Alexander indicen other mail to this list, this topic
 also be estdiscutiendo right now in ALAC and estdecidiendo
 whether to adopt or not ALAC official position on the issue. Here
 podrn find records of these discussions: http://bit.ly/13Rq7aN

 I believe that we must be vigilant mAb also evolves this issue
 in that space to incorporate our comments also allsi
 is that it decides to develop a position on the new ALAC whois.

 Sernecesario set a deadline to receive and collect the
 LACRALO comments, taking into account the period of August 12 and if
 finally we decided to rule, but as this feature is not
 within my power, I leave in charge of those concerned.

 Apologies if I've missed any of the comments made in the
 lists. In that case, podrn Travs incorporate the function to write to
 comment on the Wiki that I am sharing.

 Best regards,

 Fatima

 The July 30, 2013 10:20 am, Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch
<apisan at unam.mx> wrote:

> Colegas/amigos/as,
>
> es necesario que nuestra comunidad avance en los temas sustantivos de
> políticas en desarrollo en ICANN.
>
> Entre los más importantes temas abiertos en la actualidad está el que se
> conoce coloquialmente como "nuevo whois", el sistema de datos de
> registrantes de nombres de dominio.
>
> Algunos de nosotros hemos presentado posiciones y preguntas al respecto.
> La indicación de Carlton Samuels, miembro de nuestra región en el EWG
> (Grupo de Trabajo de Expertos) fue que era conveniente esperar las
> discusiones de Durban para retomar este trabajo ahora.
>
> Una propuesta constructiva puede ser la siguiente:
>
> 1. Hacer una compilación de los comentarios ya expresados
>
> 2. Pedir a Carlton y a quienes nos representaron en Durban sus opiniones y
> respuestas en la lista, el Wiki, y una teleconferencia.
>
> 3. Elaborar una posición colectiva.
>
> Creo que lo más procedente es que este proceso sea conducido por la
> Presidencia y la Secretaría de LACRALO, con un calendario ajustado al
> proceso de ICANN (y de ALAC), pero algunas de las labores descritas pueden
> ser llevadas a cabo por voluntarios.
>
> Alejandro Pisanty

>      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
> Facultad de Química UNAM
> Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
>

> +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
>
> +525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
> Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
> Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
> http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
> ---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>
> http://www.lacralo.org

 * Fatima Cambronero *
 Attorney-Argentina

 Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
 Twitter: @ facambronero
 Skype: fatima.cambronero

 * Join the LACRALO / ICANN discussions: *
 https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

 * Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions: *
 http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

 * Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): * http://www.internetsociety.org/

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/3955803d4e.html