[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Desarrollo_de_pol = EDticas_de_ICAN? == Iso-8859-1? Q? N = 3A_nombres_geogr = E1ficos? =

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Thu Aug 1 02:22:40 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Desarrollo_de_pol = EDticas_de_ICAN? == Iso-8859-1? Q? N = 3A_nombres_geogr = E1ficos? =
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Colleagues,

 I still have the pledge of us to start substantive work that allows LACRALO influence the policies that are in development at ICANN.

 I sense a long time we are exploring the space of what will be possible in LACRALO. It has become clear that the issues containing highly specialized technician should be for a little more later, when our organizations to engage their members with this kind of formation.

 So I searched recently calling (us) to work on specific issues that may have a slight level of challenge - not obvious, because - but stoquen skills we have developed the Training Program Travs Natalia and Fatima that drove for over a year.

 Today I draw the atencina a topic relevant serespecialmente think, to use names in TLDs geogrficas, which discusses the ccNSO now. You can see the state of the art in http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/unct-final-02jul13-en.htm

 The subject is delicate and interesting as some things that seem obvious (stop-alpha-dzeta XYZ is authorized to gTLD that may correspond to the denomination of a district) can even exceed ICANN border indicating that duty never create new law, ie, exceed the limits of The legislation currently in existence worldwide. Should marry well with the interests and skills of the representatives of member organizations and members LACRALO same organizations to which we must resort representatives.

 My proposal is to receive comments especially those who were recently involved in issues geogrficas names, like. Amazon and. Patagonia, as they must have earned a "expertise" very up to date, and that a volunteer editor, appointed by the community or appointed by the Chair, or secrete but entering this function, sum of positions around which we can collectively manifest.

 For my part Serun if accepted voluntary participant in the event you opt to form a working group proposed in the previous paragraph, and the collective discussion course. My contribution will be based on experience and conocimimento of the interface between these subjects but will not attempt to replace or to intellectual property lawyers with particular denominations geogrficas atencina or activists who mobilized the issue with the aforementioned gTLDs.

 Cordial greetings.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org