[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- ICANN Launches Digital Innovation Platform, ICANNLabs

Fatima Cambronero fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 03:35:52 UTC 2013

FYI,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ICANN News Alert <communications at icann.org>
Date: 2013/7/23
Subject: ICANN News Alert -- ICANN Launches Digital Innovation Platform,
ICANNLabs
To: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

**
 [image: ICANN] <http://www.icann.org/> News Alert

http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-23jul13-en.pdf [PDF,
216 KB]
------------------------------
ICANN Launches Digital Innovation Platform, ICANNLabs

*Los Angeles, California…* ICANN has unveiled a new digital platform
intended to foster collective experimentation and innovation to increase
the levels of community-wide engagement.

The platform, called ICANNLabs, can be accessed at labs.icann.org.

Anyone can sign up to receive updates and provide feedback. The platform
will create a truly transparent process, essential to ICANN and consistent
with the organization's multi-stakeholder model.

"It's all about increasing our reach and relevance to new digital audiences
which are engaging us through the web," said Fadi Chehadé, ICANN President
and CEO. "We are searching for new ways to innovate and stay true to our
principles of bottom-up, community driven policy formation. ICANNLabs is
quite simply an open experiment aimed at creating new digital forms of
communication."

Initially, ICANNLabs will launch prototypes focused on four initial tracks:

   - *Communication*: How can ICANN drive increased awareness and
   participation in Internet policy discussion by exploring new models for
   content creation, growth and distribution?
   - *Education*: How can ICANN leverage new online learning models to
   increase knowledge about ICANN the organization, its process, and its
   constituents?
   - *Conversation*: How can ICANN facilitate deeper discussion and
   collaboration around policy development, which could extend to ICANN's
   public comment process?
   - *Discovery and Personalization*: Given the diverse interests and needs
   of its community, how can ICANN recommend relevant policy news, discussion,
   and education resources?

"ICANNLabs will give us an experimental digital space where we can showcase
beta versions of proposed digital tools and assets and then seek community
feedback," said Sally Costerton, Senior Advisor to ICANN President on
Global Stakeholder Engagement. "Using that feedback we will improve, or
perhaps abandon certain tools then re-introduce improved versions and
continue in that cycle until we have new and useful tools."

During its initial unveiling, ICANNLabs will look at tools which frame
issues around digital conversations, on social media, on education and on
discovery.

Those who are interested are invited to register at labs.icann.org.

###

To read and comment on the ICANNLabs blog, please visit:
http://www.icannlabs.tumblr.com

To follow ICANN labs on Twitter, please visit:
https://twitter.com/ICANNLabs
Media Contacts

Brad White
ICANN Director of Global Media Affairs
Washington, D.C.
Tel. +1 202.570.7118
brad.white at icann.org

Andrew Robertson
Edelman Public Relations
London, U.K.
Tel. + 44 (7811) 341 945
andrew.robertson at edelman.com

James Cole
ICANN Global Media Coordinator
Washington, D.C.
Tel. +1 202.570.7240
james.cole at icann.org

*About ICANN*: *ICANN's mission is to ensure a stable, secure and unified
global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet you have to type
an address into your computer - a name or a number. That address has to be
unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN coordinates these
unique identifiers across the world. Without that coordination we wouldn't
have one global Internet. ICANN was formed in 1998. It is a not-for-profit
public-benefit corporation with participants from all over the world
dedicated to keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable. It
promotes competition and develops policy on the Internet's unique
identifiers. ICANN doesn't control content on the Internet. It cannot stop
spam and it doesn't deal with access to the Internet. But through its
coordination role of the Internet's naming system, it does have an
important impact on the expansion and evolution of the Internet. For more
information please visit: www.icann.org.*

 This message was sent to fatimacambronero at gmail.com from:

ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [image: iContact - Try It
Free!]<http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
    Manage Your Subscription
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=13227880&l=6333&s=RZZO&m=917161&c=165637>

--
*Fatima Cambronero*
Abogada-Argentina

Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
Twitter: @facambronero
Skype: fatima.cambronero

*Join the LACRALO/ICANN discussions:*
https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

*Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions:*
http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

*Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): *http://www.internetsociety.org/