[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Replacing_WHOIS_-_The_Next_Genera? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Tion_Directory_Services = 3A_sesi = F3n_ahora? =

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Tue Jul 16 00:42:17 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Replacing_WHOIS_-_The_Next_Genera? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Tion_Directory_Services = 3A_sesi = F3n_ahora? =
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Dear Johnny, all

 I would first like to thank Fatima his sending of data from the session on "new whois" or whois replacement. This topic serprevalente for awhile and technology-esten interface to a level policies should strive towards LACRALO to serve the community.

 Grabacina emphatically recommend follow those who were unable to follow the session live. The recording has about ten minutes of silence at the beginning and in some systems is interrupted to run online. I would recommend that the drop to their computers and play from the file (using "save vnculo as" or "save the link as"). In my case perfectly estfuncionando VLC player to play the audio recording.

 We must return to the documents once we know the debate unfolding this week in Durban.In my first post on this topic a few days ago sealalgunas difficulties "new whois", in particular the creation of a new layer transfer indirecciny on line service easy to use with the command "whois" (and some partners as NSLookup) to possible suppliers based system, Web interfaces, etc.., costs, selective permissions, etc..

 We must add the loss of accountability (accountability) by "registars" and "registries" (registrars and registries) and a deep asymmetry between access to service by the ordinary user we seek to represent in the THIN and law enforcement interests of various countries, businesses and others.

 Also attention should be subject to what happens in the IETF (and what not). Sequence Vase discussions in http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/weirds/charter/ weirds -'ll notice it this Draft, IETF, RFC towards a possible, is driven by staff technician and security of ICANN.

 I think these records are necessary for questioning by Laureano quJohnny give this issue the multistakeholder governance in ccTLDs.

 One hypothesis is that estpercibiendo possible, as already mentioned, the "new whois" empezarseguramente gTLD space but for various reasons tendrque ccTLDs extend. Not only that, but we should worry about how to evolve the access log data ccTLDs domain names. No doubt establish with precision and use cases will be useful some quantifications. It, Johnny, you are peering into the ccNSO to see questhaciendo in this area. There are representatives of that community in the EWG and I'm sure that ESTN communicating more actively with their community since sta sees a vital interest in access to log data and their mandates and contractual and legal frameworks social. The same should be true for LACTLD.

 Of course MS will model the best framework for analysis in each country - and build it is a matter of the Internet community of each country. Get back to RFC 1591 for inspiration. His constant study contributes much.

 Best regards.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org