[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Voting = F3n_Candidatos_NomCom? =

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Sat Jun 29 23:28:42 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Voting = F3n_Candidatos_NomCom? =
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Jos,

 your decision to extend the period of Voting for the possible designation of a candidate to the NomCom LACRALO I find regrettable but mostly because of the way that adds to a number of deficiencies which have not exclusive.

 If your legal interpretation - which I share - was that there should be no ballot you should cancel it at the same time that you realized that you had sobresedo Sylvia.

 If Sylvia baspara Voting decide that voices of the organizations she is afn were expressed by the ballot, fails badly for her and all of us in not more decisively oppose. It aggravates the bad decision by the fact that the ballot is incised immediately after the meeting without giving opportunity for absent - not t same - to complete interviews with candidates. Some points, such as potential conflicts of interest, were silenced in this way.

 Little of this analysis is relevant now: reflects a profound failure in our leadership. The objective element is more worthy to point out that the take by surprise the new rule ALAC and Natalia just might expose (not asDev or Carlton, who share the responsibility if I remember correctly).

 It is possible that these considerations do not alter the visible now, namely, that the votes Internauta associations and one ms Humberto Carrasco is integrated to the ICANN Nominating Committee. Aces sometimes democracy.

 However I can not skip the following: the design of the NomCom - of which I was a party to the 2003 ICANN Reform - They will have assumed that organizations generosity, commitment to ICANN, and a vision of the common good, which DeriveN NomCom designations for mature and well-informed on the issues of ICANN and related, with knowledge of the community, that put the overall future organizacina specific interests.

 None of this is fulfilled in the person of Humberto.Recently I've read your articles and works on regulation of telecommunications, certainly good level, but also repeatedly escuchatenta and recording of the teleconference and hand encontrde a separate proposal of which can be summarized as "no sde this, but I'm new and so different."

 Touch another and others to determine the legality and validity of the election, which is virtually a fait accompli.

 But it's up to everyone to live with the image projected decisiny LACRALO. At least, sta It would be a very poor leadership, votes en bloc own little community able to find and build consensus, excessive preocupacin for positions and charges - as perceived excessive which also has for attending events - and profound ignorance, as I express above about institutional design and incentives system NomCom, what is essential to ICANN.

 In this benefit all Internet users Latin America and the Caribbean.For my part procurarque the representation of ISOC Mexico to focus on the issues of "policy", in what we have failed before but porfiaremos, and finding new dynamics that exalt the region.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org