[lac-discuss-en] RV: Community-wide Working Group Completes Recommendations for Continued Use of ICANN Geographic Regions Framework

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 00:50:17 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: Community-wide Working Group Completes Recommendations for Continued Use of ICANN Geographic Regions Framework
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Alexander, all,

 Alejandro Thank you for calling the attention on this subject.

 I agree with you that is a matter on which we have been
 paying attention because the results and recommendations to provide
 this working group, will impact on our region.

 Although as you indicate and arises from the recommendations are not going to increase or
 to reduce the number of regions, or recommended post new RALOs by
 example, movements are made within each region, spodran
 impact our region and specifically to LACRALO.

 Also this report should take into account the needs of the
 Special Groups Inters (pequeas islands, passes or territories
 Caribbean, Arab States), for which you should not only consider the
 geographic diversity, but also cultural diversity,
 econmicas, language, permitindoles to them be represented
 within the ICANN structure, without having to modify the
 within geographic regions. I believe that somehow, the groups
 forming part of this secciny the decisions taken at
 respect, may affect us as a region.

 It also seems important to consider what you mention Alejandro
 respect of the application of a step territory of being reassigned to another
 region, which must be required by the local government step territory
 taking into account the views of the local Internet community.
 It does not appear very clearly how the report should be such a mechanism.
 However, this step reallocation of territory to a different region,
 be applied to all constituencies of ICANN (AC / SO / Board) and I
 seems important to be taken into account.

 According to the final report I read that we share, before these
 recommendations can be transmitted formally to the Board of ICANN and
 after the meeting in Durban, this document will be subject to discussion
 by the respective AC / SO for a period of 90 days. I think we have
 sufficient time to discuss this issue internally and try
 reach a consensus document as THIN. And even if we achieve a
 consensus document, I think it is a very sensitive issue which must
 listen respectfully to all opinions that arise around this
 matter.

 Best regards,

 Fatima

 The June 23, 2013 23:15 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch
<apisan at unam.mx> wrote:

> Hola,
>
> anexo mensaje sobre el grupo de trabajo de Regiones Geográficas de ICANN,
> que entra a período de comentarios por la comunidad. Me parece importante
> que nos ocupemos de los asuntos de políticas en desarrollo en ICANN en
> paralelo a los procesos de designación de representantes que están en
> curso. El tema de regiones geográficas ha atraído interés en LACRALO
> anteriormente y este informe podría seguirlo despertando.
>
> Observo que el informe del grupo de trabajo de Regiones Geográficas
> concluye que no es posible hacer un nuevo esquema de regiones para ICANN,
> ni llevar a cabo modificaciones mayores sobre el actual.
>
> Esto implica para LACRALO que tendríamos que dejar de considerar la opción
> de una reestructuración a corto plazo de la composición de países que se
> reconocen en la región, y trabajar en favor de una mejora importante en la
> comunicación y cooperación entre las subregiones de Latinoamérica y el
> Caribe.
>
> El informe también sugiere la creación de un mecanismo por el cual los
> países puedan solicitar ser reasignados a una región diferente de la que
> actualmente los contiene. El informe sugiere que esta solicitud sea
> presentada por el gobierno de ese país y no deja claro cómo se considerarán
> las opiniones de las comunidades técnica, no comercial y de industria de
> ese mismo país, ni las de otros potencialmente afectados.
>
> Considero que este punto puede ameritar una discusión más detallada en
> LACRALO. Pido a Carlton Samuels que amplíe la información al respecto, ya
> que él formó parte del grupo de trabajo hasta esta conclusión, y, si hay
> interés, una discusión más organizada con un proceso que lleve a emitir una
> opinión de consenso por parte de LACRALO. Ésta, por supuesto, no debería
> estar en contradicción con que cada organización miembro pueda expresar la
> suya de manera independiente si no coincidiera.
>
> Saludos cordiales.
>
> Alejandro Pisanty

>      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
> Facultad de Química UNAM
> Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
>

> +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
>
> +525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
> Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
> Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
> http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
> ---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 * Fatima Cambronero *
 Attorney-Argentina

 Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
 Twitter: @ facambronero
 Skype: fatima.cambronero

 * Join the LACRALO / ICANN discussions: *
 https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

 * Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions: *
 http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

 * Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): * http://www.internetsociety.org/

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/593a73285c.html