[lac-discuss-en] =? Windows-1252? Q? Ultima_reuni = F3n_LACRALO? =

wilmer.azurza at gmail.com wilmer.azurza at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 01:14:45 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Windows-1252? Q? Ultima_reuni = F3n_LACRALO? =
 From: wilmer.azurza at gmail.com

 Perfect thanks for the detail.
 Sincerely,
 -
 Wilmer Azurza
 Of.: +51-1-6157800 Ext: 1815
 Cell: +51-940145850

 Sent from my BlackBerry.

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: Natalia Enciso <natalia.enciso at gmail.com>
 Sender: lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
 Date: Wed, June 20, 2013 11:45:09
 To: Alberto Soto <alberto at soto.net.ar>
 Cc: At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org> , LACRALO Spanish <lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
 Subject: Re: [lac-discuss-es] Last reunin LACRALO

 Alberto, all I think there is confusion.

 To date ESTN running 2 ratings: a) * Alac member * b) * NomComm
 Delegate *.

 * To * Alac member makes a votaciny * choose * the THIN from the
 candidates.He / she who comes elect / a is the ALAC member appointed by
 LACRALO, for a term of two years with no possibility of duraciny
 reelection.

 For delegate NomComm *, * the * recommended * THIN from the
 culture is their favorite candidates. ALAC then select from among all the
 candidates were presented and considered the recommendation of THIN. Its
 term of office is one year with the possibility of reelection for another term.

 This is the link to the page where you specify the procedure for the
 NomComm
 https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/LACRALO+Delegate+to+NomCom+2011

 &quot;The At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) Appoints, in consultation
 with LACRALO, a representative from LACRALO to serve on the
 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom; http://nomcom.icann.org/).
 Such Representatives of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, and
 May be re-appointed for a term of one year Further subject to
 the requirement under the ICANN By Laws That May Such a representative only
 serve a maximum of two consecutive years.While LACRALO does not formally
 elect a representative to the NomCom, LACRALO have to submit to ALAC to list
 of all regional accepted nominations for the position and May Also NomCom
 make a recommendation of a preferred candidate to the ALAC. Haver
 more than one nomination accepted after the deadline, then an electronic
 vote would be held to select a preferred LACRALO delegate to the Nominating
 Committee &quot;.

 Here are the rules:

 a) ICANN bylaws http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws

 * Article VII NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE *

 * Section 1: DESCRIPTION *

 The nominations Comitde establecerun ICANN responsible
 selection of all ICANN Directors except the President and
 those Directors selected by the Supporting Organizations
 ICANN, and other selections according stipulated by these Bylaws.

 * Section 2: COMPOSITION *

 The nominations Comitde comprise the following persons:

 1. A non-voting chairman appointed by the Board of
 ICANN;

 Two. A &quot;president-elect in training&quot; (* chair-elect *) without the right to
 vote, appointed by the Board of ICANN as a consultant without the right
 to vote;

 Three. A non-voting coordinator appointed by the Comitasesor of
 root server system of ICANN, established by article XI of
 these Bylaws; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.3>

 April.A non-voting coordinator appointed by the Comitasesor of
 security and stability of ICANN, established by article XI of
 these Bylaws; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.2>

 May. A non-voting coordinator appointed by the Comitasesor
 government; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.1>

 June. Subject to the provisions of article of transition of these
 Bylaws, five voting delegates selected by the Committee
 At-Large Advisory established by article XI of these
 Statutes; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.4>

 July. The nominations Comitde voting seleccionardelegados of
 the Names Supporting Organization Generic, established by the
 X article such
 Statutes, <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#X-5.3> the
 follows:

 a. A delegate of the stakeholder group of records;

 b. A delegate of the Stakeholder Group registrars;

 c.Two delegates from the business Constituency, one representing
 to small businesses and one representing large users
 companies;

 d. A delegate Constituency service providers
 Internet;

 e. A delegate of the Intellectual Property Constituency, and

 f. A delegate from consumer groups and civil society,
 selected by the Constituency commercial users.

 August. A voting delegate selected for the following
 entities:

 a. The Council of the Organization to support domain names
 pas code established by article IX of these
 Statutes; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#IX>

 b. The Council of the Address Supporting Organization established in
 The article VIII of these
 Statutes; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#VIII>

 c. The Working Group on Internet engineer, and

 d.Coordinacintcnica Group, established by article XI of
 these Bylaws; <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-A>

 9. An associate chairman without vote, which may be designated by
 President, in its sole discretion, to desempearse throughout the
 mandate of the president or in part of this one. The associate chair not
 may be a person that is otherwise sb Committee member of the
 nominations. This colaborarcon associate chairman President in
 the desempeo of its functions, but not desempear, temporarily or
 Otherwise, instead of the president.

 * Section 3: MANDATES *

 Subject to the provisions of article of transition of these
 Statutes: <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XX>

 1. Each voting delegate cumplirun term of one year. A
 delegate can desempearse as maximum two terms of one year
 consecutive, after which a period of elapsed deberdejar
 two years before eligible to serve another term.

 Two.The regular term of each voting delegate comenzaral
 end an ICANN annual meeting and conclude finalizaral
 next annual meeting of ICANN, immediately following.

 Three. The coordinators are nonvoting desempearn during the tenure
 designated by the entity that you select. The President, President
 elected president in training and any associated desempearn their
 office until the holding of the next annual meeting of ICANN.

 April. It prevque the end of the mandate of the president-elect
 training, the Board will designarpara the position of
 President. However, the Board reserves the right to
 appoint another person to the office of president. When appointing
 President-elect in training, if the Board determines that
 the person identified for desempearse as president sernombrado
 president for a consecutive term, the position of President
 permanecervacante training elected for the term designated by
 the Board.

 May.Vacancies in the positions of delegate, non-voting coordinator,
 president or president-elect in training Sern covered by the
 entity entitled to select such positions. For either
 mandates that the position of president-elect in training is
 vacancy, in accordance with paragraph shall 4 of this article, or until
 any other vacancy in the office of president-elect in training
 can be covered, the Board podrdesignar a consultant without
 right to vote for President, from among persons with prior
 desempeo in the Board or Comitde nominations, including
 Comitde president preceding nominations. A
 vacancy in the office of Associate Chair may be covered by the
 President, under the criteria established in section 2 (9) of this
 article.

 June. The existence of vacancies does not affect the obligation Comitde
 Nominations for carrying out assigned responsibilities under
 these Bylaws.

 Article 11 **. April. Comitasesor At-Large

 a.The At-Large Comitasesor (&quot;ALAC&quot;) is the primary organizational home
 individual Internet users within ICANN. The function of
 ALAC serconsiderar and advise on the activities of the
 ICANN, as they relate to the interests of users
 individual Internet. This includes policies created Travs of
 supporting organizations of ICANN, ascomo the many other
 issues for which the community advisory opininy
 are suitable. The ALAC, who plays an important role in the
 accountability mechanisms ICANN also coordinates some of the
 dissemination activities of ICANN for individual users
 Internet.

 b. The ALAC estarintegrado by (i) two members selected by each
 of the Regional At-Large Organizations (&quot;RALOs&quot;), as
 set forth in paragraph shall 4 (g) of this
 section <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.4g> ,
 and (ii) five members selected by the Comitde nominations.The
 five members selected by the nominations Comitde Bern include
 a citizen of a country in each of the five geographic regions,
 as provided in section 5 of the article
 VI <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#VI-5> .

 c. Subject to the provisions of article of transition of these
 Statutes <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XX> ,
 regular mandates ALAC members Sern the following:

 1. The mandate of a member elected by each THIN comenzaral finish
 ICANN's annual meeting in a year even.

 Two. The term of the other member elected by each end comenzaral THIN
 the annual meeting of ICANN in a year even.

 Three. The terms of three of the members elected by the Comitde
 comenzaral nominations end the annual meeting in a year even,
 while the other two members appointed by that Committee
 comenzaral end of the annual meeting in a year even.

 April.The regular term of each member with the second finalizarjunto
 ICANN's annual meeting, from the meeting after the start of
 mandate.

 d. Elegirna ALAC members according to its president
 procedures adopted by the Committee.

 e. Once a year and after consultation with each THIN, the ALAC appoint
 five delegates voting for Comitde nominations (two of
 Sern which citizens of countries in the same geographical region,
 as defined in section 5 of the article
 VI <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#VI-5> ).

 f. Subject to the provisions of article of transition of these
 Statutes <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XX> ,
 The At-Large Comitasesor may appoint non-voting coordinators
 to the ccNSO Council and the GNSO Council.

 g. Under the provisions of section 5 of the article the
 VI <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#VI-5> ,
 THIN habruna in each geographical region.Each THIN deberdesempearse
 as a forum and main coordination point for the ICANN
 pblicos comments on the geographical region that corresponds, and duty
 be a nonprofit organization certified by ICANN according to
 the criteria and standards established by the Board in function
 Comitasesor the recommendations of the At-Large. An organization is
 THIN convertiren recognized that the geographical region after
 submit to ICANN a Memorandum of Understanding, which address the
 obligations and responsibilities to ICANN and the THIN in
 relation to the process of selection of members of the ALAC and
 opening requirements, opportunities for participation, transparency,
 responsibility and diversity in structure and procedures
 THIN, ascomo the criteria and standards of the At-Large Structures
 constitute the THIN.

 h.Each THIN estarconformada by autnomas At-Large Structures within
 the corresponding geographical region, which accredit meet
 requirements of the Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN's THIN, as
 to paragraph shall 4 (i) of this
 section <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#XI-2.4i> .
 If aslo requires the Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN, the THIN can
 include individual Internet users who are citizens or residents
 of countries falling within the geographical region of the THIN.

 i. Participation in the At-Large

   1. The Board deberdefinir the criteria and standards for the
   certification of At-Large Structures within each geographical region
   in function of the recommendations of ALAC also included Bern
   in the Memorandum of Understanding between ICANN and the THIN for
   each geographical region.
   Two.The criteria and standards for certification of Structures
   At-Large Bern set so that the participation of the
   individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of
   passes encompassed within the geographic region (as defined in
   the section 5 of the article
 VI <http://www.icann.org/es/about/governance/bylaws#VI-5> )
   predominate in the operation of each At-Large Structure, but without
   necessarily exclude the additional involvement of other individuals,
   compatible with the interests of individual Internet users
   within the region.
   Three. The MoU also each THIN deberincluir
   provisions to allow, to the greatest extent possible, that each user
   Internet individual who is a citizen of a country comprised within
   the geographical region of the THIN, participate in at least one of the
   At-Large of the THIN.
   April.To the extent that is consistent with these objectives, criteria and
   standards, also must provide each type of structure THIN
   that best fits the customs and character of each region
   geographical.
   May. Once you have established the criteria and standards according the
   provisions of this clusula &quot;i&quot;, the ALAC - with the advice and
   participation of THIN for the applicant - debercertificar
   organizations that meet the criteria and standards
   Accreditation of At-Large Structure.
   June. Decisions regarding the withdrawal of the certificacino
   certification of At-Large Structure Bern take under the
   ALAC stipulated by the Rules of Procedure, except that the
   modifications to such rules on applications for the ALS ESTN
   subject to revision by the THIN and the Board of ICANN.

   July.Decisions about credit, no credit or remove the
   Accreditation of At-Large Structure They will be cut subject to revision as
   to the procedures established by the Board.
   August. On an ongoing basis, the ALAC may also give advice
   as to whether a potential At-Large Structure meets the criteria and
   applicable standards.

 j. The ALAC is also responsible, together with the
 Regional At-Large Organizations, to coordinate the following
 activities:

 1. Make a selection by the At-Large to fill the
 15 of the Banking Board. Submit a written notification
 ALAC Chair informing the selection made by the Community
 At-Large to the Secretary of ICANN, under section 8 (4) and 12 (1) of
 article VI.

 Two. Keep the community informed of individual Internet users
 about important developments from ICANN;

 Three.Distributing (through posting or other methods) an agenda
 updated news and information about ICANN issues
 related to the development process of ICANN policies;

 April. Promote dissemination activities in the user community
 individual Internet;

 May. Develop and maintain ongoing programs and informative divulgacin
 education, in relacina ICANN and its work;

 June. Establish a strategy for promotion on the affairs of the
 ICANNen the At-Large Organization of each region;

 July. Participating in the development of policies of ICANN and
 provide advice informaciny precision reflects the
 opinions of individual Internet users;

 August. To inform the public and analyze the policies proposed by the
 ICANNy their decisions, the possible impact ascomo regional and
 possible effect
 in individuals from the region;

 9. Provide mechanisms via the Internet that enable discussions among
 members of At-Large Structures, and

 10.Establish mechanisms and processes that facilitate the communication between
 members of At-Large Structures and those involved in making
 ICANN decision, so that stakeholders can
 share their views on the outstanding issues of ICANN.

 b) Regarding the UN rules, apply the rules of the UNGA,
 according establish our rules of procedures to resolve
 complex situations or difficult negotiations in meetings:

 &quot;But who prepared this draft provides that the presiding
 any reunin
 in which the Regulation applies Ordinary, or who participate in a
 reunin, podrn
 refer to complete text of the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly
 Overall
 UN insofar as necessary in order to solve
 situations
 complex or difciles negotiations within a regulatory framework.
 The Rules of Procedure of the UN General Assembly
 (UNGA)
 estdisponible in several languages \u200b\u200bon the site
 http://documents.un.org/advance.aspbajo the
 symbol 'A/520'.The version in effect on the date of this document is' Rev
 16 '&quot;.

 c) Rules LACRALO:
 Operating Principles
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264378/Principios%2520Operativos%2520de%2520la%2520LACRALO%2520Rev1%2520-%2520ES%2520.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283972736000
 Inglés
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264378/Operating%2520Principles%2520of%2520the%2520LACRALO%2520Rev1%2520-%2520EN.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283972734000

 d) Rules of Procedure
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264378/AL%25202007%2520SD%25202%2520Rev2%2520LACRALO%2520Rules%2520of%2520Procedure%2520ES.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283972735000
 Inglés
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264378/AL%25202007%2520SD%25202%2520Rev2%2520LACRALO%2520Rules%2520of%2520Procedure%2520EN.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283972736000

 e) The current rules ALAC
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2262614/AL-2007-1-1-Rev11+ALAC+Internal+Rules+of+Procedure+-+EN+.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1334600024000

 f) The new rules govern entrarna ALAC to be adopted as the
 WG work metrics:
 https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2262614/RoP-v71-clean.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1364189131000

 All these rules must take into account proposals
 changes to the procedures in the ratings that were made in the
 in the call list.

 Regards,

 Natalia Enciso