[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Tema_orden_del_d = EDa_/_17_de_juni? == Iso-8859-1? Q 'or' =

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Mon Jun 17 20:46:45 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Tema_orden_del_d = EDa_/_17_de_juni? == Iso-8859-1? Q 'or' =
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Jos,

 the point that I have yet to propose on elections is as follows:

 1. In the case of a member of the NomCom by the At Large, if I understand we as a community do not have direct vote, but our Travs / a representative. Qusentido you do LACRALO nominations announcements, and their individual backups? Community consultation: we must do more, for example its own proposal, duly voted, of expression of support for a / a Candidate / a?

 Two. For ongoing elections (ALAC representative) and the like (presidency and secrete in years to come).

 a. Candidates / ace or Bern who nominate them to provide a job offer and an expression of their interests to judge whether they can be in conflict intersy therefore excluded from some discussions or voting.ALAC If this is very important because the level of "disclosure" is high. In all cases care specific information on relationships with commercial interests (especially new gTLDs and others in the domain namespace), national government jobs and other conditions that restrict the freedom of the candidate / to represent to the community or is the risk that their decisions may be biased. It is simply transparency. Candidates / as must submit a resume summary for judging the degree of expertise in the substantive issues.

 b. The announcement of the imminent elections should be done at least three times before the publication of the call, beginning 30 days before sta.

 c. The announcement of elections - in the call - should include reasonably accurate times (if not an exact date, a date + / - 48 hrs) for the submission of proposals in a online forum, the discussion in that forum, and realization of teleconferencing.

 If we already have enough rules and arrangements for timely execute this then bastarcon.

 If this does not sucedien ongoing elections, we can not apply rules retroactively, but instead formally procederreclamar who, having had responsibility for implementing them, fail to do so.

 I hope this clearly save point and allow us to pass urgent debates and the election in progress, and provide clarity, order and transparency to continue.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org