[lac-discuss-en] Strategies for Future Meetings ICANN = MSWG

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Wed May 15 03:49:04 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Strategies for Future Meetings ICANN = MSWG
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Sylvia,

 thank you very much for this opening invitaciny views on ICANN meetings.

 To jump-start the discussion on our community get to roll the following findings:

 1. It will be very important that the Working Group address his task armed with a heavy, sharp scythe, with a focus on simplificacin. Much of the recent development caused by the ICANN community has ptolomico approach of cycles and epicycles, to solve a problem with a new component that in turn requires a compensation that is made with a new component and a whole arborescence Coral checks and balances. Search the simplicity should be a mandate.

 Two. When I was on the Board faced this problem. We started trying to reduce the duration of the meetings and the community response that alargramos acabhaciendo.Estclaro which is a difficult problem and my simplicity criterion is not very accessible.

 Three. In a meeting recently (possibly Toronto) I was sitting one after another in the meetings of the CEO and Board with one and another and another community - were stas OSs or AC's. It was very interesting. We all want to be heard, we all want the Board and the staff to do something and give us something ... except when it touches our "territories". As a viewer, and a few others from the Board, encontresto both valuable for everyone as deeply tired and at the end of the day little useful for everyone. A task for your Working Group incluiracmo optimize the impact of these meetings so numerous. At the end of the day for Directors become a confused mass yslo is what is required.

 April. Many meetings MUST be handled with forced format "analysis" and remove them from the framing of "requests". Possible responses to "ask" are just three: "give", "deny" and "haggle". The responses to the analysis set of well-posed problems are solutions - it can be partial - WHO analysis - which may be better than the previous cycle.

 May.The distance participacina must receive greater recognition. ICANN has made tremendous improvements but some aspects remain outstanding. To MLOs most important are:

 a. reduce dependency on platforms "own" as Adobe Connect
 b. enable remote participants can talk to Travs platform will not telephone exchange (this was noticeable in the meeting bastanet Beijing, which gives segu4 hours).
 c. put in the time time administration forced intercalated in the meeting, for participacina away. If local participation is reduced to minutes because a moderator loses control of the time of the panelists, the atencina the distance is reduced to zero.
 d. ams put in charge of transmitting a distance and make comments in front or beside the president or moderator of each session to break through even elbowing.

 Ojalesto be useful. Greetings.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 AvUniversity 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org